Chapter Seven: The Yellow House

Ethan’s P.o.v

I drove as fast as I could trying to get in the motel fast to forget about everything and have another one of those nights. I drove down the avenue constantly looking at my phone for music. I wasn’t paying much attention to the road because normally there is no one at this time here. I fixed the view in my phone and flipped through songs but found nothing. I sighed and looked at the road. My eyes went wide and I stepped on the brake as fast as I could. The car stopped but it was too late. I quickly got off the car and rushed to the person I hit.

I can’t believe I was that careless in the road. I should have seen her there. What if I killed her?

She will be lucky, because she will not get the chance to meet the horrible person you are; a voice in my mind said.

I am not a horrible person, in fact I am an awesome person, and all my friends think that. I smiled to myself but soon that smile faded once I remembered I ran over a person. Yea I don’t seem that much of a great person now…

I looked down at the person and picked her up. It’s too dark out here in the streets so I can’t see her face. I went to the passenger’s seat and placed her there. I buckled her seatbelt and ran to the driver’s seat. Not wanting to know who she is yet I kept all the lights inside the car off and drove home.

I quickly rushed to the front door and rang the bell repeatedly. My mom came out and quickly gasped. “Ethan, wh- what happened?” I ignored her question and pushed her away. I placed her body in the sofa and let out an uneasy breath. I turned around to find mom right in front of me. “Why are the lights off?” She asked calmy. “I- I don’t want to see who the girl is…” She shook her head and turned the lights on. “Sooner or later you will have to know honey.” She placed her hands around my shoulder and turned me around so I will face the body that was laying in my sofa. “OH MY GOD! IT CAN’T BE HER!” I said shocked. “You know this young lady?” My mom said staring at Akura. “Yes mom, I met her in the Mental Hospital… But what was she doing out of the mental hospital? I didn’t know they could get out.” “They can’t, this is pretty weird but now we have to help her. I will get the first aid kit while you should try waking her up, I am sure she is fainted” My mom said walking away.

I can’t believe it. It’s really Akura, I caused this to Akura… No this is not possible. I sat next to her and started shaking her. C’mon Akura wake up!!

I kept shaking her for a while but it didn’t work. I suddenly got an idea and went to the kitchen. I took the lighter and headed back to the living room. I took her hand and gulped. I am going to regret this but I think it’s the only way of waking her up. I turned the lighter on and I was about to burn her with fire but I stopped when I heard my mom screaming. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” She screamed frantically slapping the lighter from my hand. “I was trying to wake her up but nothing worked so-““Save the rest, I have heard enough.” She said. I knew she was disappointed but I didn’t know how else to wake her up. She took the alcohol and rubbed it against all the recent cuts Akura had which were kind of a lot. She had a medium sized cut in her forehead, some cuts in her arms and a small cut in her lip. Her face was all red though but she still looked cute. Wait did I just said cute? I am Ethan, I only find girls hot!! SOMETHING IS HAPPENING HERE!!

She cleaned all her cuts and forced a pill down Akura’s throat. “All done, now like normal people let’s wait for her to wake up. In the meantime take her to your room.”

“My room? What is wrong with the visitor’s room?” I exclaimed. There is no way in hell I will let her in my room. “It’s full of Christmas things and I really can’t take them out there right now so you will have to take her to your room. Your dad went to a business trip and he will be back in a month so there will be no problem until then” I smiled at her and picked Akura up.