Chapter Seventeen: Hope...

Ethan’s P.O.V

“Get in!” The officer pushed me into an empty cell. “Now be a good boy and don’t cause any problems tonight” He finished, closing the metal door. I placed my hands on it and laid my head on the side. In what did I even get myself into? Jail? Me? The man who donated his sperm to make me, ahem, my father is going to be so mad that I’m afraid he’ll make me marry that girl when he comes back.

A flashback was suddenly played in my head… Akura’s lifeless body being dragged over to the ambulance, when she stood up for herself against that doctor, how sad she looked… It all played over and over again in my head. Maybe we just made things worse for her… maybe now she’s living a hell and it’s our entire fault…. Speaking about our, where’s my mom? I take in a deep breath and slowly sit down on the hard cold floor in a corner. I hope she’s okay… I hope Akura is okay…

My head instantly shot up when I heard the cell door open. Now, a different officer shoved in another guy, making him fall in the floor, but he was handcuffed. “Now you behave, or next time things will be worse” I looked over at the guy’s pained face and how he struggled to sit up. “Huh? Last time I was here I didn’t have a cellmate” He said with a confused look. I didn’t say a word, just kept looking at him.

“Please help me” He started in a voice. “Behind you, there is a bobby pin. Use it to take these hell cuffs off me” He finished looking desperate. I turned around slowly, grabbed the bobby pin and kneeled down behind him. It was nearly impossible to open them but the guy told me ‘his technique’.  He picked the hand cuffs and smashed them against the wall, breathing heavily. I kept looking at him, waiting for him just to smash me this time in the wall. He looked at me, still looking mad and held his hand out. “Want to get out of this hellhole?” He asked raising his eyebrows.

“Wouldn’t that just give us more jail time? Dude, chill. Maybe if you just stay here they will consider you.” I explained myself. He laughed and shook his head. “You are clearly new to this aren’t you? What got you in here anyways?” I took in a sharp breath… “Participating in a kidnap. How about you?”

“Drugs. Simple as that. I don’t consume it or sell it. The motherfuckers who I thought were my hommies just used me this whole time to blame me for selling it when they were the ones. Now my life is over. Do you know how many times I’ve tried to escape? But for what? My family doesn’t even want me anymore because they think it was me. Yes, I get I’ve always been bad but I can’t believe they think I’m this bad.”  He confessed looking even more pissed than later. “Kidnap eh? How?”

I really didn’t want to share anything and specially didn’t feel why I should so I just shrugged my shoulders. He rolled his eyes and sat down on the bunk bed. After that there was nothing else said and I slept on the corner, head on my knees…

….

One day? 4 days? How long have I been here? I haven’t been eating, sleeping or looking up.  I don’t need any of those things. “Dude, I think you might die if you continue acting like that.” My cellmate’s voice interrupted my thoughts. For the first time in days, I looked up at him. “How many days have passed?” My voice was raspy and weak. My stomach grumbled loudly, making my cellmate chuckle. “Enough for you to be starving to death.” He let out a laugh. He looked over at me with a serious look and came to sit down in front of me. “You know…” He started fidgeting his fingers. “This is the longest period of time I’ve lasted on prison without escaping…” I raised my eyebrows waiting for him to continue. He let out a deep breath and continued. “So, I just wanted to say thank you.  I’m actually not desperate to be out of here that much but I’ve controlled myself.” He finished giving me a forced smile.

I honestly understand him to certain limit, so I smiled weakly back but barely even able to recognize the person in front of me due to the blurriness. “You okay man? You look even paler. I swear, you need to eat something” I shook my head slightly, the blurriness increasing and my body feeling weaker within every passing second. I looked over at him one more time, before everything turning black…