Chapter 10

As she walked in to her next class she realized that she didn't really know anyone in that class.

Taking a seat in the empty chair in the back she took out her math notebook and pencil case try to give off the illusion she was ready to learn.

"Hey," some boy came sitting next to her, someone she doesn't remember ever really seeing before. She gave a quick glance around and when she looked back at him she saw him smiling at her. "Oh hello."

"Well I'm glad I have somebody to talk to," he teased at the lack of conversation they were both having. She gave a small smile and shrugged her shoulders. Why would he want to talk to me? At least half of the girls are looking at him as if they wanted him to talk to them.

"I'm Jake, what's your name?" He asked her and ignored the sudden outburst of all the girls telling him their name. Right then the bell rang, and class started.

The teacher stood up from his desk and eyeball the class. "Good afternoon class," was all he said before going back to his desk, grabbing the class textbooks off his desk and putting it on a smaller desk. He then called everybody up looking at the attendance chart to call their names for over summer break he must have forgotten all the students he had last year. Not bothering to look at the textbook he gave out or the students he called he did that till their were no more names to call.

"So are you going to tell me your name?" He asked her, giving a smile that was enough for all the girls to sigh. She rolled her eyes, and stared into his blue ones. "Why should I tell you?" She said irritatingly then turned her focus to the board where the teacher wrote the homework.

She turned to the pages on the board and realized she had to do 30 geometry questions in just over an hour. She looked horridly at the textbook work and put her head down on the table.

"Not to good at geometry huh?" The guy Jake asked her, he could tell just by her expression. "Why would you say that?" Lifting her head up to look at him trying to cover up the horror she saw in the book. "You just seem a little... tense?" He stated in a question and she couldn't help but give a small smile. "Well I would be lying if I said I loved geometry but to be honest this all just looks like shapes. Geometry would be easier if we just had to guess the shapes," she said dryly and was reward with Jake's laugh.

"Well luckily for you I love geometry," he laughed harder at the expression she gave him. "Okay maybe love is to strong of a word for this. How about I can tolerate it better than I would be able to do for Algebra?" This time they both laughed, and got some pretty angry glares from the class for being to loud which only made them laugh louder.

"I don't know how you do it. I hated geometry since the first day it was introduced to me," she cleared up smiling after they were done laughing. He sighed and smiled back, "I would have to say the same about Algebra," she gave him a look then replied, "Well it looks like we are going to have to agree to disagree."

He looked at her as she started opening her textbook again, "Well you know what they say," he said opening his textbook as well. He sent her a killer smile and wait for her to guess. "How about you just tell me?" She asked hoping he would just tell her, with a small chuckle he looked back at her and smiled, "opposites do attract," he stated and was reward with a smile. About ten minutes passed and she still hadn't done much except flip through the assign pages.

"Oh my goodness we have like 35 minutes till class is over, and I haven't done anything," she let her head rest on one hand and with the other she flipped through the pages, back and forth. "I can help you you know."

She turned toward Jake who showed her his folder paper, she looked at it then handed it back in marvel, "You finish 30 problems in ten minutes. That's like really fast, almost unnatural like," she joked but really wished she was able to do that right at that second.