Chapter 6

It was Friday and I was in no hurry after the dance practice. I grabbed all my things and just slowly walked down the road back home. It was nice. It was the end of summer, so it was getting a little colder, but it was warm enough to walk around in jeans and a t-shirt. I loved it. I took in everything. This was my new life. England was a nice place. But it was no America. 

I started drifting off into my thoughts. Is it really that different here? I mean, we speak the same language. Sort of. Before I got home, I stopped by a shop to get a bottle of Jack Daniels whisky for the party. The shopkeeper didn’t even ask for ID. Do English people drink at parties? When was drinking even allowed here? Oh well. Who cares. 

I got home and  got ready. It would probably take me some time to find their apartment, so I would leave early. I put on black leggings, a lacy gray striped long tank top that was very revealing, a leather jacket and to no surprise, my converse. I had learned from own experiences not to wear high heels to parties. It’s a pain to walk back in, especially when you’re drunk. I also straightened my hair and put on some more makeup. Lets party.

Like always, I got lost and arrived late. I knocked on the door and Louis opened. “Hey. Wow.” He checked me out. He was holding a beer. Yay alcohol.

I gave him a cheeky grin. “Hey. Here.” I gave him the Jack Daniels.

He was ecstatic. “Harry! Jessi’s here. She brought some more drinks!” Harry showed up at the door.

“Hey, Thanks.” Cheeky.  Louis had left. Harry was standing there staring at me.

“Can I come in?” I said. He snapped back to reality.

“Oh, yeah. Of course.” He gave a small embarrassed giggle. Cute.

The party was not like in America. It was much smaller, much quieter and there weren’t as many people and barely any drinks. I walked in and Harry followed. The radio was playing and there were about 5 or 6 people dancing. Everyone else was just chilling with a beer on the couch or in the kitchen.

“So this is a party in England then?” I asked. It wasn’t a the party I was hoping for, but its better than nothing.

Harry laughed. “Its just a small party. But with your whiskey we might actually have some fun.” He winked at me.

At this moment the radio finally played an up-beat song. “Come on.” Harry grabbed my hand and brought me to the dance floor. Everyone else joined.

We were all dancing, jumping having fun. Then Louis got some glasses and many people started to drink some more and more and more. I remember some people leaving even though it was only about eleven, and I remember having a shot competition with someone, but otherwise my mind went blank.

I woke up the next morning. I wasn’t in my bed. Where was I? I sat up. Where was my shirt? And where were my leggings? I looked around. Still no idea where I was. Just in a boys messy room in my underwear. My clothes were nowhere in sight and my head was killing me. Haven’t woken up like this in a while.