Chapter 31

Author's Note - ★

Don't worry, i won't put a note on every chapter form now on, but i just wanted to tell you to watch out. This is kinda a big and deep chapter.

The ending is slowly coming now... It is just around the corner.So brace yourselves!

But also don't worry, the next chapter will be a bit better than this one and it will come very soon! I promis :)

Well anyway, i don't want to disturb you for long, so yeah. Thank you so much, and I hope you Enjoy!

“Dad!” I ran to him and swung my arms around his neck, hugging him with all my might. I hadn’t realized how much I really had missed him.

I could hear him chuckle, and cuddle me right back.

I finally released him so that I could take a good look at him. I knew I hadn’t seen in him a while so I figured he would look different, but he looked too different.

Bad different.

“How-“ I could barely speak.

“I arrived a couple hours ago.” He said with his very rough voice and smiled down at me. I could see his face, it had gotten paler. “I took a flight earlier so that I could see you.”

I gave him another hug. His smell. It’s probably the thing I missed most about him. This time however, I could feel how much skinnier he had gotten too.

I got a bad feeling in my gut, but I tried to ignore it.

No, nothing is wrong. Everything is good. It will be fine.

Those were the things I told myself.

“Come on, sit down.” I dragged him to the couch where he slowly sat down. “I’ll get you something to drink.”

I ran to the kitchen to get him a beer. I came back, but the beer on the table and sat down on the chair across from him. He reached over and took the bottle and the bottle opener.

“So, tell me everythin-“ I stopped when I saw him, trying to open the bottle with all of his might, but he wasn’t strong enough. He was weak. He was pale. He was skinny.

This is not the Dylan Stonem that I saw about a year ago. This wasn’t the father I knew.

He looked up at me and sighed when he saw my worried look. Giving up, he put the bottle down.

“Dad, what-“ I was confused. I was dumbstruck. “What-“

“Jess, things haven’t really been good.” He looked down. He was ashamed.