Chapter 17

After New Years, the holidays seemed to pass by very fast. Too fast.

Before I knew it, I was sanding in front of the house with my suitcase packed waiting for a taxi driver to come take us to the airport. Harry came out with his family and we all said our goodbyes. Gemma and Harrys dad both gave me a quick hug, but Harrys mom got very emotional and was in tears, mumbling something about “her little boy” and “so proud” and “I love you”. When the taxi finally arrived, she did not want to let go of Harry, but at last we were in the back of the taxi waving goodbye.

Leaving Harrys family was hard, since I kinda grew a liking to them, but I couldn’t wait to finally get back home and dance. I had missed practicing every day. It was my work out, and my place to let out all emotions. But being with Harry made me forget all of the regrets and sorrows I left behind in America.

“Are you alright?” Harry asked and stroked my leg. I could see he was sad about leaving too, but his tour was only in another 5-6 months so he was excited to go back to practice.

“I’m fine.” I smiled and gave him a kiss. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m great! I’m glad you could come.” Harry said smiling his ever so adorable smile. It made me giggle.

“No problem. It was one of the best holidays ever.” I said, and it really was. This made him smile even more.

 “Well, we should do it next Christmas again then, yeah?” He chuckled, gave me another kiss and then spent the rest of the ride looked out the window.

I don’t think he realized how much that comment freaked me out. I never thought about the future. I never worried about what was going to happen. But now, I realized what this all really was. Next Christmas. That is about another year from now. A whole year. What will happen in this year. Will I even still be with Harry? If yes, will Harry want to tell the world he has a girlfriend? Will others know about us? Will I be famous? Will I go insane? I don’t think I could handle the pressure of being famous and people knowing you. What if people in America found out? Would I be hated? I am not fit enough to be in magazines as Harry Styles’ Girlfriend. What was I going to do?

All these thoughts were running through my mind pretty much the whole car ride until we were about 10 minutes away from the airport.

“Jessi?” Harry broke the silence.

“Yeah?” I got torn away from my thoughts and quickly looked at him.

“I just wanted to say, that since we are at the airport soon, we should be careful because there might be some paparazzi’s. Just ignore them and act like we are just friends. Is that alright?” He said. I had a feeling he was trying to hint at something, or maybe he wasn’t sure of something he had said.

“Yeah, sure. Sounds good.” I simply ignored it.

We arrive at the airport, and as said as we finally landed in London, there were a few paparazzi’s waiting at the door. Harry decided to go first and I followed. I don’t think any of the recognized me since the were all so focused on Harry Styles from One Direction. He did answer a few questions, but I could see from time to time I would look around and check that I was okay and that I wasn’t talking.

We finally got rid of the paparazzi’s and found the car that would take us home. The first stop was my place.

“Should I help you with your bag?” Harry asked as I stepped outside.

“No, its okay, I got it. Ill see you in a couple days, yeah?” I got my bag from the trunk and just as I was about to go inside I felt a hand pull me back.

“Are you sure I shouldn’t come in and help you?” He said with a cheeky smile. “Or maybe you want to come back to my place…” He pulled me close and gave me a kiss. After a while I pulled away.

“Harry, you are exhausted, just go home and have some alone time with the boys, yeah? I need to rest too and there is still lots to do until we have to go back to the studio.” As I said this, I could see his smile fade a little, but I knew he understood.

“Yeah, you’re right.” He took a step back. It kinda hurt to reject him, but I really would be busy.

“Its only three days…” I could see he was still a little sad, so I gave him another kiss and as we both pulled away I could see him smile. “Ill see you then, yeah?” I gave him a wink and off I was into my building.