Chapter 8

I answered the phone quickly.

“Hey dad!” My voice signaled Louis and Harry to stop looking. “How are ya?”

“Hey hun, I’m good, busy as always. Hope your alright. How’s the new apartment?” I have missed hearing his voice. I haven’t heard it for a couple of months now.

“Ya, I’m fine.” My head hurt, but I wasn’t going to tell him. He didn’t know about all of the partying I did back in America and I didn’t want him to find out. “And the apartment is great. Its small, but its nice. Your room is all settled in too. Come by soon, alright?”

“Well, that’s what I wanted to talk to you about.” I didn’t like the sound of that. “I am way too busy this year. I probably wont be able to see you until Easter next year. I’m sorry hun. You’ll have to survive this Christmas without me.” My heart sank. But I wasn’t going to show it. He worked so hard for the money, I couldn’t tell him to stop working, then we would become way too poor.

“Oh, yeah I understand Dad. No problem. Don’t strain yourself, alright?” Harry and Louis must know what was going on. They looked at me, and understood that I was hurt. I smiled. I’m fine I told myself. “I’ll see you then.”

“Darling, it wont be too long. Time will fly by. Just be good. Work hard. Your mom would be so proud.” I heard his voice crack. He was about to cry. I closed my eyes. I hated it when someone cried.

“I know Dad. I know.” I sighed.

“I love you Jessica. We’ll talk soon.” I knew that was a lie. He was usually too busy to talk.

“I love you too Dad.” And with that I hung up.

Harry came over. “Are you alright?”

I smiled. “Im fine.” He lifted his eyebrows. He didn’t believe me. “No, really. I am.” Then I had a small shiver.

Harry smiled at me. That’s when I noticed I was still only in that big t-shirt of his. I was still half naked. I smiled back.

“Where are my clothes?” I knew that he knew where they were.

“Do you really need them?” and he was back to his cheeky flirty self. I decided to play along.

“It depends.” I moved closer to him. “Am I staying or am I leaving?” His smile widened and then he bit his lip softly.

“Stay!” a screech came from the living room. We both laughed. I looked at Harry, gave him a shrug and skipped back to the living room.

Louis was lying on the floor. I sat down next to him. “So what’s the plan?” I asked.

“We should probably first clean this place up a little. Then we could have some lunch after all that hard work, and then we will see what we want to do.” He sat up. “How about it Stonem?”

Last name? Really? “Alright. Sounds like a plan Tommo.” Then I hit him with a pillow. “Now you just have move your lazy ass!”

The pillow might not have been such a great idea because that turned into a pillow fight. Harry also came and joined in. After about 15 minutes of running around, the boys were too tired to clean, so I decided to start. First the kitchen, then the hallways, even the bathroom was a mess. But at about 12:30 everything was pretty much clean.

I finally got my clothes back, but I decided to keep Harrys t-shirt on. It actually looked pretty good with the leggings, the leather jacket and my converse. I braided my hair into a messy fishtail braid to one side and as we were about to go, Louis got a text from his girlfriend and said he would go out and eat with her. So then Harry and I went alone.

He went to a subway which was just down the road, but I bought myself an apple from a local grocery market. I told him that I was still a bit hung over and couldn’t eat anything else, and he accepted that.

He was happy to finally have some food, and we decided to go for a walk in the park that was nearby.  The park was beautiful. Autumn was coming, and even though the trees were still green, they seemed to glow a little golden.

I love hanging out with Harry. I had barely known him for 3 days, and yet we played around just as if we were little children and had know each other forever.

I finally got to know the town because he guided me around. When I arrived, I was too scared to wander off too far incase I got lost, but I trusted him. We were laughing and joking the whole day, and when it came to supper, we went to a small pizzeria where we had a small meal.

He then finally brought me home. As we were almost at my apartment house, I was wondering if this day was a date or not. I could kinda see he thought the same. 

I’ve never really had a real boyfriend. I mean, I’ve had many guy friends who I called boyfriends, but most of my relationships were just mad drunken sex. Love is something I never really knew about. I had never experienced it.

I didn’t know what to do when we finally reached my door. I turned around to him and smiled. He was looking down at me.

“Thank you for showing me around. Today was good.” I looked down, then back up.

“No problem. Call me if you ever get lost. Ill come save you.” Cute. I looked into his eyes. It may have been dark, but they were shining.  

I smiled and looked down again. “Thanks.” I said one more time and gave him a hug. He was warm and he smelt so nice. His hair was soft and tickled my cheek a little.

“Good night.” He called out and I gave him one last smile before I went through the door.

I was so tired. As I was going to change, I noticed I still had his shirt on. I decided to keep it on as I went to bed. I cuddled into bed holding it to my nose. It still smelt like him, and with that, I fell asleep.