Chapter 19

I screamed a little and it gave me a huge shock, but when I saw the black striped on a t-shirt, I knew exactly who it was. People had probably heard me scream and were a little worried, but as they saw it was Louis, they all relaxed and smiled. We all knew Louis and his crazy and very loud tricks. 

“Louis! Let me down!” I couldn’t stop laughing. I guess I really did miss him more than I thought.

“Happy New Year!” Louis started screaming and twirled in circles.

“Louiss!” I complained. It was making me feel very dizzy. “Put me down dude!”

“Alright, alright,” He laughed and put me down. I was too dizzy so I kinda stumbled and fell right into his arms. “Oh, you cant stay away can you?” I looked up at him and he winked at me. I just grinned.

“You didn’t change a bit, did you?” I asked and gave him a hug.

“Vas Happenin’?” I heard from behind me. I broke the hug to see all the other boys except Harry coming into the entrance of the cafeteria. Zayn was running at me, and gave me a huge hug. Then I went around hugging everybody else.

“We’ve missed you Jessi.” Liam said as I was hugging him. I just smiled. They were too cute.

“Yeah, nobody brought me food anymore!” Naill said which made us all laugh and I jokingly hit his shoulder.

“You all really haven’t changed at all, have you?” I said with a happy sigh. They all shook their heads. Then I looked around to see Harry walk in. Just like the others, I walked over to him and gave him a hug. The boys all knew about us two, but if people in the studio found out, our secret would be out in just a flash, and we were still not ready for that. Well, I wasn’t. Behind Harry I saw a familiar brown haired girl. “Hey Gina!” I smiled at her.

“Hey!” She replied. She really was shy.

“You two know each other?” Harry asked, he was pretty surprised.

“We met this morning.” Gina looked over to me and gave out a small giggle remembering how exactly we met. It made me laugh.

“Yeah, Gemma told us about each other, so ya.” I smiled at Harry who seemed pretty pleased he didn’t have to do all the introducing.

“Great!” He smiled and put his arm around my shoulder. For a moment I was scared, thinking that people might think we are together, but then I remembered they think we are all just best friends, so it shouldn’t be a problem. “Come on, lets get some food.” Still with his arm around me, Harry took me to the lunch line, got our foods and sat down at the table.

We were all very interested in Gina since she was kinda like the new addition to our group. She grew up in London and met Gemma in the College where she studied make-up design. Her father had good connections, so he got her involved with this studio, and now she works here.

It felt great having another girl at the table who wasn’t going on about her new $1000 shoes or what resort she stayed at in Hawaii. She was a little quiet, but I had the feeling she would fit right in.

After lunch I went back to the dance studio. I was actually early this time, so I had some time alone on the big stage. I could just imagine standing on here when the room was filled with screaming people. It was my ultimate dream. To spend the time I just practiced some of the dance moves by myself with closed eyes, as if it was in a real performance.

After a few dance moves and an ending pose I heard a clapping sound. I quickly opened my eyes to see a woman who looked like she was in her 30 walk down to the stage from the seat rows.  She had a clipboard tucked under her arm, loose clothing on and her hair tied up in a bun. She was smiling, but probably if she wasn’t she would look very mean and strict.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know anyone was here.” I felt a little embarrassed. Did she walk in while I was dancing or was she here all along?  

“It really is no problem.” She came up on stage. “What is your name?”

“Jessi, Jessi Stonem.” I replied. She looked through her Clipboard.

“Ah, the girl from America.” She put the clipboard down. “You really have some great talent you know? Some of those moves I have never seen before. But it looked fantastic. I can see you really love to dance. I loved it. You will probably go very far.”

This made me smile. I felt so proud of myself. A stranger giving me compliments like that was amazing. However, before I could say thank you, the other girls and Bella came walking in.

“Oh, hello Mrs. Cortland. You are early.” Bella said talking to the lady who was standing in front of me. Then she looked over to me. “And you are too Jessi. What a nice surprise.” She smiled.

“Yes, I came to look around the stage before watching the dancers.” Mrs. Cortland said. Watching the dancers? Was she…

“Alright, Girls listen up!” Bella walked to the front of the stage with Mrs. Cortland and clapped her hand to get the attention of all the dancers who were stretching. “This is Mrs. Cortland, the dance producer. She will look over our practice today. Just act like this was a normal rehearsal. 5 minutes stretching, then we are starting! Thank you!”

With that Mrs. Cortland went and took a seat in the middle of the room, the clipboard at the ready.

I could not believe I had just met the dance producer. She was the one who could make big things happen to you and she had told me I had talent. Wow. This day could probably not get any better.

“Okay girls, come on, Positions!” Bella screamed.

I got to my place in the dance and waited for the music.

“Okay, 5, 6, 7, 8…”