Chapter 20

For the next couple of weeks, nothing big happened. I was mostly concentrating on getting all of my dance moves absolutely perfect since now I had a small hope that someday, I would become something big.

I was not the only one who was busy, Harry and the rest of the boys had a lot of practice and work ahead of them too, so I barely got to see them. Only really on weekends.

However, during the week I hung around a lot with Gina. We may be doing different things, but we do meet each other a lot, and she lives in another apartment building near me, so we always walked home together. What Gemma had told me was right, Gina is one of the nicest people I have ever met, and even though I only knew her for about 3 weeks, I knew I could trust her.

Me and her became best friends very quickly. She knew everything about me, and I knew pretty much everything about her. I thought it felt nice to have a female friend around. It gave me the feeling that I was a normal girl with a normal life. Except I was going out with Harry Styles.

-beep beep beep-

It was Monday again. The only thing about this job I didn’t like was getting up in the morning. I dragged myself out of bed, took a quick shower, and got ready to leave.

As I went to the coffee shop to get my morning coffee, I saw some more paparazzi’s just walking around the place, taking pictures of the street or the area. Actually, now that I think of it, I have seen them very often for the past two weeks. Oh well.

For once, I was actually early to rehearsals. I was on stage stretching as all the other dancers started slowly coming in. I usually don’t pay much attention to them, but today I felt like they were all talking about me. Every time I turned to look at one of them, they would quickly look the other direction. Why were they all looking? Was something wrong?

I did worry a little bit, but as we started to rehearse, I just forgot about it.

Today we were just finalizing and polishing a dance. I loved this part, because once you have learnt the dance, it is so much easier to have fun with it. This is where we add our own little twang to it to give it that one special thing.

I was in an extremely happy mood, and I guess you could see that in my dancing. Especially our dance coach was very proud.

“Yeah, Jessi!” She kept screaming remarks in the middle of the dance. I could feel the other dancers hate for me grow. Usually I couldn’t care less, but today it kinda got to me. I just try my best in dancing, I haven’t done anything to them. I guess they were just jealous, even though they didn’t even know about me and Harry.

I decided to just try and ignore it until lunch time.

“Okay girls, good job, I can really see you improve. Be back here in an hour!” and with that we started walking off. The dance coach gave me a small thumbs up before also packing up. I just smiled back.

“Show off.” I could hear one of the barbie’s behind me say and another gave off a small giggle. “Watch this.”

She stretched out her foot right in front of my leg and I tripped over it falling to the ground. It didn’t hurt, but I was on the floor surrounded by laughter. I’ve had enough. 

“What the hell is your problem?” I jumped up and yelled into her face.

“My problem?” the head bitch said with a smile and gave out a small sigh. “My problem is that you are such a little suck up, its pathetic. Do you even know who I am? My dad owns this studio, and you are the one getting all the credit? You are so poor you probably can’t even afford a haircut. This won’t get you anywhere.  Your plan wont work.”

“What plan?” I spat back at her.

“Oh come on, we all know it’s you!” She gave me a little bump while rushing past me and out of the room.

I was a little in shock about all she had said. How dare she. She has no idea what it is like to be me. And what was she talking about? Plan? Me?

With this running through my mind, I headed to the cafeteria. I bought my apple and went to the table where the boys and Gina were sitting, but they were weirdly quiet.

“Hey, everything alright?” I asked. It must have shocked them because they all quickly looked at me like I was the one they were waiting for. “What is it?” I was starting tog et worried.

“Sit.” Gina said and patted the seat next to her where a magazine was lying. I sat down and took a closer look.

No fricken way.

Headline – Harry Styles’ mystery girl?

A mysterious girl has been seen with pop sensation Harry Styles very frequently over the past couple of weeks. It is believed she is a dancer who is working with the One Direction members on their tour, but could this be more than just a friendship? The identity of this girl is still unknown, but where has Harry been hiding her from the world, and why?