Chapter 3

Kyoki POV

The usual routine of Nakimasu strangling me in the morning was broken when I managed to drag myself out of bed before Nakimasu tried to kill me. Nakimasu hissed at me obviously annoyed that I woke up on my own.

"Want some breakfast?" I asked ignoring the death glare the snake was giving me. Nakimasu followed me into the kitchen. Namida pranced into the kitchen and jumped up on the counter. Adorable little thing. Why are cats so adorable? . . . . That's an internal debate for another day.

I scratched under Namida's chin before something popped into my head, "I need to get you a collar."

Namida purred and Nakimasu hissed, "You mentioned food, get the food. Now."

Man, I have a demanding snake. "Calm down," I grumbled as I grabbed at mouse out of the cage. Nakimasu's eyes widened slightly when the mouse started to squirm in my hand. I quickly dropped the mouse and walked into the living room, taking Namida with me.

I set her down on the arm of the couch and looked at the clock, "Thirty minutes until six. . . . . I'm late." Oh well, the pet store doesn't open until six, so the idiots are just going to have to wait.

I 'wasted' about twenty minutes, I was certainly not petting a cat and fangirling internally, before getting ready and leaving. My first stop was the pet store, obviously. I bought Namida a collar and a few others things for my adorable cat. I always call my cat adorable. . . . Well, at least cat owners/enthusiasts understand.

When I finally got to the training grounds Kakashi wasn't there. I woke up early for nothing? I'm going to stab someone, probably Naruto . . . . if he says "Believe it!!!" that is.

"You're late!!!" Naruto and Sakura shouting when they saw me.

"Sorry, but- oh who am I kidding? I'm not sorry in the slightest," I said making sure I sounded as bored as I actually am.

"Kyoki, in class, you seemed so nice and shy, but now you seem really mean," Sakura said quietly.

"Thanks for noticing."

"I would of used a different word to describe him," Sasuke mumbled.

"Your boyfriend would've too," I said.

"Boyfriend?" Sasuke and Sakura asked in sync.

"Yes, Sasuke is dating Naruto. . . . Or at the very least he's attracted to him," I said.

"I'm not dating Naruto."

". . . . You kissed him."

"That was an accident."

"Oh, you're in the closet. Okay, I'll play along. We'll pretend you aren't coming to terms with yourself about being gay," I said. Sasuke glared at me and I smirked internally. Five, maybe ten minutes after I got here and I've already annoyed him. I have achieved something!

Time Skip

"Why do you hide your face?" Naruto asked, suddenly trying to see under my hood. I'll admit it startled me slightly. I just wasn't expecting it. I backed away from the idiotic blond before making sure my hood was still covering my face.

"That is a good question. Why are you trying to hide? Or are you trying to hide something?" Sasuke said as he turned to stare at me. Bad, bad, abort! Quick think of something that'll draw attention somewhere else. Sasuke took a step towards me. No. No. No. Back. Bad. Back away. Shoo.

Sasuke was only about a foot away from me now, "Personal space."

"What?" he asked tilting his head slightly.

"Personal space," I said drawing each word out slightly to, hopefully, make him feel at least slightly stupid. He glared at me, but backed away.

Right when Sasuke was about another foot away from me Kakashi decided to show up. He has excellent timing. . . . Take note of the sarcasm.

"You're late!!!" Naruto and Sakura shouted.

"Sorry, a black cat crossed my path and I had to talk the long way," Kakashi said.

"Black cats aren't actually bad luck. That's nothing but a stupid superstition. Just because a cat has black fur doesn't mean it's bad luck. I mean how do you think Sasuke would feel if people said "Oh my gosh, he has black hair! He's cursed to bring you bad luck if he crosses your path!"? Seriously, show some respect to animals," I said in a crueler tone than intended. Oops.

Kakashi just stared at me for a second and Naruto was trying not to laugh, he failed miserably.

"Haha, he told you Sensei!" Naruto shouted and Sakura hit him in the head. Ha, blondie got hurt. Yay. Now, if only she'd hit Sasuke. If only.

"Right, moving past that and to your test," Kakashi said getting Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura's attention.

"What kind of survival test is it?!" Naruto asked, practically bouncing with excitement.

"It's a bell test," Kakashi started to explain as he held up two bells. Talk about my lucky day. "Your goal is to get the bells from me."

"But Sensei there are only two bells," Sakura said utterly confused.

"Exactly, that means only two of you will pass," Kakashi said. What's he trying to do here? Two bells but there are four of us. What's the point of this? Think think think!

"I heard that Leaf shinobi are mainly about teamwork, unless it'll cost 'em the mission of course."

That's it, teamwork! No way in hell am I doing what he wants!

"-So, that's pretty much all there's is to this test," I forgot he was still explaining. There's no way he straight up said it was about teamwork, he wants us to figure it out on our own.

"Make sure you come at me with the intent to kill, with that being said . . . Start!" Sasuke, Sakura, and obviously myself all hid. The idea must not have crossed the blond idiot's mind.

Akuma: I hope you enjoyed this chapter. (Wonderful ending I know. I'm kidding!) This chapter was initially going to be longer, but someone suggested cutting it off there and I figured, "Ya know, why not?" It should be a little easier for me to transition into the bell test.  So yeah, (Sorry, I'm awkward) anyways let me know what you think, please (If it's not to much trouble). Now, bye! I'll try to update soon!