Chapter 10

Kyoki POV

These people, it seems that each day they reach a new level of stupidity. Naruto and Sasuke are stuffing their faces to fast, they're going to throw up.

"I want some more!" Sasuke and Naruto shouted in sync. Even eating is a competition to these two, talk about pathetic. They glared at each other before they threw up. Idiots.

"Don't eat so much if you're going to puke it up!" Sakura shouted. Well, at least Sakura has common sense in one category.

Sasuke wiped his mouth before he said, "I have to eat." Obviously, Sherlock, but that doesn't mean you have to be a pig about it.

"I have to eat more than him, it's the only possible way I'll get strong enough to beat him," Naruto replied. I give up, there is no helping these fools! There was an audible thump as my head hit the table.

"Eh? Kyoki, are you okay?" Sakura asked.

"Too . . . much . . . stupidity."

"Just because you're smarter than me doesn't mean you get to be a jerk!" Naruto shouted. Did he seriously just admit I was smarter than him? I mean it's true obviously, but with how Naruto is so concerned about being technically speaking the best, it's hard to believe he'd admit that.

After everyone ate, Sakura had stood up and was observing a picture. She said, "This picture is torn, is there some reason for that?" She turned to look at Inari, "Inari, you kept glancing at it all through dinner. It looks like there was someone else in the picture, but they got torn out. That's strange, isn't it?"

She clearly stuck a nerve. "It's my husband," Tsunami said.

"They used to call him a hero in this land," Tazuna added. Inari quickly left the room, it must be a touchy subject for the kid.

Tsunami went after Inari only to stop at the door, "Father, you can't talk about him like that in front of Inari. You know that!"

"Inari is so- What happened to him?" Sakura mumbled to herself.

"I have a guess," I chimed in.

"Oh no," everyone muttered.

"Fine then, I see how it is," I said.

Completely ignoring me, Kakashi asked, "Is there a story behind this?"

"He wasn't his real father, he came into our family later. And he brought so much happiness, he and Inari were very close." Why am I listening to this? "In those days, Inari used to laugh all the time. . . But then-"

That seemed to be what caught everyone's complete attention. Tsunami walked back into the room right as Tazuna started crying. Oh no, emotions, ugh. "All that ended, he never laughs or smiles anymore. Ever since that day everything changed."

"The word courage has been stolen from this land, we were left feeling powerless, hopeless and Inari suffered the most. Ever since that day ever since it happened."

After that Kakashi said, "Tell us, what happened to Inari." Tazuna continued the story and I have to say, these people are despicable.

After he was done I spoke up, "You people disgust me."

Sakura and Naruto stared at me wide eyed. "What? What do you mean?" They shouted, completely shocked.

"Someone important to you dies and you expect pity for not doing a single thing. When someone dies for you, you don't just sit on your ass and cry about it! You continue living for that person! You carry on, for their sake! You don't just give up! If they die fighting, then gather your courage and continue fighting for them. I can't stand people that don't even try," I growled. Unfortunately, my hands were shaking.