Chapter 21

Previously 

"Because I you're my friend and I don't want to lose you," An all too familiar voice said. Kyoki pulled himself away from the person's chest and looked up.

"Naki?"

Kyoki POV

This person, are they really Nakimasu? Is he really that damn snake? If he is, that means he's similar to Elise. So, that means he's probably just another tool for that women. He just needs to keep me alive for her. That explains why she gave him to me. 

"So, your most probably doubting one of two things, that I'm actually the Naki you know or that I actually care. So, to dispel your dumbass doubt, I am Naki, I do consider you my friend, and I am not helping that bitch in anyway," Nakimasu suddenly spoke up. I was snapped out of my thoughts and actually got a good look at him. Messy black hair, matching black eyes, and pale white skin. He has the classic Uchiha look down. Please don't be an Uchiha, I can't handle another Sasuke.

"I'm such an idiot," I mumbled.

"Yeah, I honestly expected you to figure it out a long time ago, since you didn't, I guess I'm a good actor," Nakimasu said. Damn snake-human-bastard-thing.

"Guess this explains why you eat daily," I mumbled.

"Speaking of, can we get actual-not mice-food soon?" Nakimasu asked.

"I'll give you money and you can get some food," I replied.

"Nope, you're coming with me, I don't trust you by yourself right now. Also, how the fuck are you so calm? You'd think if someone suddenly found out their snake was human, they'd punch them in the face and freak out. Not that I'm recommending you punch me in the face, but seriously though, the fuck?" Nakimasu said.

"I'm not functioning properly right now, I just wanna sleep," I tried not to mumble. Didn't really work out very well. Today has just messed me up. Maybe if I actually sleep today will just seem like a bad dream.

"Then, we'll get food tomorrow," Nakimasu said, with a small awkward smile. Looks like I'm not the only "dumbass" not good with emotions. Well, at least he's trying. I should thank him. Do I just say 'Thank you' or like do I make a gesture? Ugh, no I'm not doing this right now.

I sighed and rested my head on his chest. I should probably move. If anyone saw this they'd probably think it should be Sasuke instead of Nakimasu, oh well. Actually, that reminds me. "So, what's your actual name? I mean Naki is the name I gave you so, what's your name?" I asked as I looked back up at him.

He smirked at me, "It's a secret."

I gave him a blank look before finally crawling out of his lap. Nakimasu chuckled slightly and then he pulled something out of his pocket. Wait, glasses? Nakimasu unfolded the his glasses and put them on. He looked at me and said, "I'm blind, okay."

"Right, whatever," I said as I stood up. I walked to my room, practically collapsed on my mattress, and buried my face in my pillow. It wasn't long before I heard footsteps enter my room.

"Move over," I heard Nakimasu say.

"Sleep on the couch," was my reply.

"Fuck no."

"Bitch."

"Jerk," with that something heavy collapsed on top of me.

"The fuck?" I managed to say as I looked at the bastard sprawled out on top of me. "Get off," I growled.

"Will you move over?" Naki asked.

"Fine, just get off!" Damn snake-human-bastard-thing.

Time Skip

"So, Nakimasu is a human who can turn into a snake?" Sasuke said. Nakimasu had dragged me to some ramen shop and my squad happened to be there. Weirdly, Sakura didn't run away when I explained Nakimasu was human.

"Yup, just explained that," I said.

"The snake is human? How does that work? " Naruto chimed in. What?

"That doesn't matter," Elise said as she popped up out of nowhere.

"Where did you come from?" Nakimasu spoke up.

"Don't know, anyways, glad to see you've told Kyo the truth Naki," Elise said with a smile.

"You knew?!" I exclaimed.

"Obviously," Elise and Nakimasu said in sync.

"Um, I'm gonna go," Sakura started to stand, but Kakashi put a hand on her shoulder. Sakura's still scared. God, I'm horrible.

"It's okay, you can stay," Kakashi said.

"Yeah, don't worry, Naki and I won't let anything happen," Elise said with a smile. That seemed to comfort Sakura, at least slightly. I should apologize. Can I just say sorry, would that work? Will she think I'm being sarcastic and making fun of her if I try to apologize? Dammit, why is this stuff so hard?!

"Um, Sakura?" I spoke up.

She glanced at me nervously before she said, "Yeah, Kyoki?"

"I, um, I'm s-s-sorry," why is that so hard to say? Everyone seemed genuinely shocked I apologized. It might be because I was actually able to get the word sorry out? There was a few moments of silence before I was suddenly tackled, in a hug?

"The asshole is learning," Naruto cried as he was hugging me. What? Why?

"Well, it's more like he's trying to," Sasuke corrected Naruto. It's not like you're any better, Duckbutt. Naruto let go of me and grinned at me. Kakashi walked over and ruffled my hair and my eyes widened slightly. I looked down at the ground.

"Kyoki, you don't remember what happened in our match, do you?" Sakura asked, she seemed slightly more at ease now. Why?

"No, I don't and no one has told me," I answered, as I looked up.

"Elise-" Kakashi started to say something, but he got cut off.

"Not right now, he can't handle it. We'll explain once he'll be able to handle it,"Nakimasu said, the tone in his voice basically said there was no point in arguing. I'm so confused now.

"Well, if it involves him shouldn't he know?" Sasuke spoke up. 

"You didn't see it, you have no idea what we're talking about. Besides, I know what's best for Kyo, and right now Naki is right. Naki wasn't planning on revealing himself to Kyo unless things were desperate. Kyo can not handle emotions right now. Just give him time and trust us, okay? We will tell him, but we're going to wait until he's ready," Elise reasoned. She didn't sound cheerful like usual, she sounded more desperate than anything.

"Wait, so why did Nakimasu reveal himself then?" Sakura asked. Nakimasu looked to me as if asking permission and I shrugged.

"Um, can we wait on talking about that as well? I'm sorry, it's just-" Nakimasu said and Kakashi sighed, but nodded.

"It's alright, whatever it was it must've been bad. I just hope you all will trust us enough to tell us, eventually," Kakashi said. Can things just go back to me insulting them? That was easy, this is hard.

"I think Kyoki does trust you, even if he hasn't realized he does," Nakimasu said. Damn snake-human-bastard-thing.

Akuma: So, I updated. Sorry, for the wait after that cliffhanger. Also, Naki's personality is slightly different in his human form than compared to his snake form, and I apologize for that. It was kind of hard to have him so cold-blooded when the person he considers his best friend was going through a lot. He was also low-key going through some character development when Kyoki was. I didn't even realize it until my friend pointed out he was getting slightly nicer as things go on. I'm also sorry if you miss our smart ass Kyoki, I'm trying. As always, thanks for reading~