Chapter 13

A boy with messy black hair ran ahead of me. "Hurry up, Kyo! Mom has more training for us today," he shouted over his shoulder. It was always 'Mom' with him and always 'Mother' with me, we were practically opposites at times.

His footsteps stopped and he turned to look at me. He was a couple of feet ahead of me. "C'mon, Kyo, we don't got all day!" he whined. I felt a smile tug at my lips.

"Right."

"Gosh, for such a smart person you're really slow," he said with a smile. I rolled my eyes at his comment. He grinned at that then turned to continue running.

Wait- this scene, I've seen it before. My eyes widened as something finally clicked. This is the day that-

I practically bolted after him, but I still wasn't fast enough. By the time I got there some jerk had him by his throat.

"Let him go!" I shouted as I charged at the guy, but I was weak. I couldn't do anything, I couldn't stop them, I couldn't do anything.

Screams of pain, his screams of pain, something I could've stopped. If only, if only. If only I was stronger. Those sounds will haunt me forever.

No matter how hard I tried it wasn't enough. It's never enough. For anyone, is it? It's never enough bloodshed, violence, anything! I just want them to stop. Stop hurting him. Please let it be enough!

"Leave him alone!!!" I shouted as I shot up. Nakimasu was raised his head from a pillow. . . . that had somehow ended up at the foot of my bed.

"Nightmare?" he asked in a kinder tone then usual. I nodded slightly as I realized that my face was streaked with tears.

"Funny thing about a nightmare, sometimes it seems like a dream until it's too late," I said as I wiped my eyes with my arm. I don't sleep in a jacket. I mean what's the point if I have a blanket.

"You okay?" Nakimasu asked, even a snake knows when it's not a good time to be rude. 

"I'm fine," I said as I realized my hands were shaking slightly, great. I sighed and I got off my bed, my bed is literally just a mattress in the floor. Oh well, it makes it easier for Nakimasu to wake me up. I walked into the hallway that was right outside my room. It led into the kitchen and living room, which were basically one big room with different kinds of flooring.

I walked into the living room and looked at the clock. "Three in the morning, great," I mumbled to myself. There was no way I was getting back to sleep, so I have to find something to do for a while.

I grabbed my jacket and slipped it on as I headed towards the door. Might as well go on a midnight stroll . . . Even though it's three hours past midnight.

I don't know how long I've been walking or why the frick Kakashi is following me, but then again I don't care. Has he not noticed we've been walking in circles? Maybe it's cause one eye is covered up. That has to affect him somehow.

Unfortunately, Kakashi had to mess up and step on a twig. Isn't he supposed to be a ninja? Has he not had his morning coffee or something? That might actually be why he didn't notice it we've been walking in a circle.

I sighed out of pure boredom and turned to face him. "Kakashi, I know you're a pervert and all, but I didn't think you were a pedophile," I sighed.

Kakashi instantly reacted, "I'm not a pedophile." So, he's wide awake. . . . Okay, maybe not completely awake he didn't even bother denying the pervert thing.

"Soooo, you're a stalker? Do you watch Naruto sleep or something?" I said, just trying to annoying him.

It seemed to have worked, I mean his eye twitched, I just hope it was out of annoyance. "No, I'm not a stalker or anything else you have to suggest," Kakashi mumbled as he facepalmed.