Chapter 16

Third POV

The other three members of squad seven were taken aback when Kyoki abruptly sat up. Kyoki's hand reflexively reached up to fix his hood, which had slipped slightly, revealing his light pink eyes.

"Are you ever gonna stop bothering to hide your face?" Naruto asked. Kyoki didn't seem to hear him, which meant there was no snarky comments.

"Hey, Kyoki, are you okay?" Sakura asked, as she looked at him.

"S-s-s,"Kyoki started to stutter. Naruto tilted his head in confusion and Sakura raised an eyebrow. "Sor . . . ry," Kyoki somehow got out. Sakura smiled at that. It may not seem like much to most people, but for Kyoki, it was progress.

"Now, just put it together," Naruto said, he acted like he was talking to a child.

"Shut up," Kyoki said as he looked down. Kyoki's face was burning and he couldn't figure out why. The only explanation he could come up with was that he was sick, but there were quite a few holes in that theory.

If any of the others could see his face, they would probably realize (Okay, Naruto wouldn't) that it's bright red from embarrassment.

Kyoki POV

As soon as I take care of one dumb emotion, I have to deal with another. Fuck my life. Well, this one isn't as bad and it seems to be slowly dying down. That's a good thing, I can not deal with this shit.

"Kyoki, are you alright now?" Sasuke asked, dragging me out of my thoughts.

"You sound like you were worried," I said, a small smirk on my lips.

Sasuke rolled his eyes before he replied with a, "No way." Sasuke then turned his attention towards Naruto, "I'll take the scroll."

"Wait a second, Sasuke-" Naruto started to say but was cut off, by I don't know. "What was that?" Naruto said as he touched his cheek.

There was a whirling sound as a sudden gust of wind blew, well it was more like a tornado aimed directly at us. Well, whoever did that succeeded at separating us.

"Ko~war~eta~" A voice rang out from behind me. Why of all times did she have to show up now?!

Time Skip

I may be lost. I've been looking for my squad for a while now and- How many times have I passed that tree? Have I just been walking in circles? What? That actually explains a lot. Fuck, I need to find a sense of direction. Is it possible to find a sense of direction when you have no sense of direction? Well, I wouldn't say I have no sense of direction, just not the best sense of direction.

There was a rustle in a bush next to me, my hand went to the hilt of my knife reflexively. Nakimasu slithered out of the bush. "It's just me, you paranoid bastard," Nakimasu growled. I'm a paranoid bastard? Okay then.

"So, since you're here, I'm guessing you found my squad," I said, Nakimasu nodded in reply. "Lead the way."

With that he slithered off and I hurried after him. When we got to the clearing the idiots were at I saw something that made my stomach drop. Those familiar black markings were spread across Sasuke's body. If only I had gotten to them sooner.

Sasuke turned towards Sakura who was trying to get him to stop. Why is Sakura's hair shorter? He raised his fist and my body moved on it's own. Sasuke's eyes were wide. To be honest, I was shocked as well. I was standing in front of Sakura with Sasuke's wrist in my hand. He had actually tried to punch her.

What would've happened if I had been even a little late? Well, we're only in this mess because I was late. If I found them sooner Sasuke would be okay. If only. I shouldn't have been stupid enough to actually allow us to get separated. It's my fault. It's all my fault.

"You jerk! You glorious jerk!" A shout from a certain blond idiot caught my attention. Sasuke was back to normal now and he was staring at me. I know that look very well, he was studying me, analyzing me. He can see right through me, can't he? He knows I'm not as calm as I'm letting on. I don't like people being able to read me. That's part of the reason I wear a hood- IT FUCKING FELL DOWN, DAMMIT!

I hurriedly let go of Sasuke to fix my hood. "So, if you're done having your period, Sasuke, can someone explain to me what the hell happened here? And why the fuck Sakura has short hair. . . Not gonna lie though, it looks less stupid than it did when it was long and it hasn't even been cleaned up yet," I said as I turned to face the other idiots.

"Was that a compliment?" Sakura asked.

"Where the hell have you been?!" Naruto shouted as he pointed at me accusingly.

"Well, the forest, obviously," I said. Sasuke sighed behind me and that's when I saw Fino, who was walking over, with her teammates. "Alright, what the hell is going on here? Why is Fino here? Who the fuck is that?!" I said as I pointed at some dude passed out on the ground, or at least I'm assuming he was passed out. He might be dead.

This resulted in Naruto laughing and Sakura and Fino snickering. "Sakura will explain later, where have you been?" Sasuke asked. He had walked in front of me, so he could face me while talking, I guess? As soon as I opened my mouth he added, "Don't say something you know I will be annoyed by." Well, there goes that idea.

Luckily, Fino, interrupted this conversation when she asked, "Hey, Kyoki, how old are you?"

That's an unusual question. "I'm sixteen, why?" I was genuinely confused as to why she wanted to know. This resulted in Sakura and Sasuke staring at me with wide eyes and Naruto screeching, "Sixteen!" in the background.

"I told you guys he was probably older than all of us," Shikamaru cut in.

"I wasn't expecting him to be three years older than all of us," Ino said and Choji nodded in agreement. So, who is the possibly dead dude?

"So, instead of freaking out about my age, who is he?" I asked as I once again pointed at the dude, who Ino was now helping. That seemed to be a code or something cause two more people popped up. The people who popped were a guy, I think, with long brown hair and pale purple eyes and a girl with brown hair and matching brown eyes.

"Who the fuck are they?" I instantly asked.

"Neji Hyuuga, and you are?" The guy with pale purple eyes said.

"I'm Kyoki, just Kyoki," I answered.

"If you're sixteen why are you on a squad with people who are three years younger than you?" Neji asked. I wanted to bang my head into a tree. What's with these people and questions?

"Don't be stupid. They ask questions because you never answer them and they barely know anything about you," Nakimasu said as he slithered out of the bushes. I'm beginning to think he has borderline telepathy powers or something. Is he trying to tell me to open up to them? Who rubbed off on him? Kakashi or the Old Man?

Akuma: An update, yay. Anyways, I've entered this in the Naruto Watty Awards! It's in the General Naruto section if you wanna waste a few minutes and vote for me. That's all I got, so thanks for reading~