Chapter 17

Kyoki POV

Man, this tower is boring. Like 'Kill me now' boring. We also literally just got here. . . . That might've accidentally been my fault. I mean we got an Earth Scroll from the one dude, and she gave me a Heaven Scroll, so that wasn't the problem. Nope, the problem was finding the fricking tower. . . I might've annoyed a certain Duckbutt to the point I had to lead the way. . . Haha. . . Ha. That didn't work out very well.

"Who knew a 'genius' could have a lousy sense of direction," Sasuke mumbled, just loud enough for me to hear. I don't have a completely lousy sense of direction. . . It's just not a very good one.

I guess I tuned out because there was suddenly smoke and Iruka. What? Why? No, no thanks, I'd rather not right now. Before Iruka could start talking I said, "Nope, forget this. I really don't want to hear the lecture you're gonna give us so either, I'm allowed to go on ahead or I leave which'll fail my entire time right now."

Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto stared at me wide-eyed for a second. "How could you even say something like that? Especially, after all the hard work we've put forth," Sakura shouted.

"Am I supposed to care about all your 'hard' work?" I asked. Sakura stared at me wide-eyed, while Naruto glared daggers at me, I thought that was Sasuke's job, but I guess not. Iruka sighed and then he 'dismissed' me. I went on ahead and waited for the three idiots. After a few minutes, they finally showed.

"Iruka, is seriously long winded, huh?" I mumbled to myself. Sasuke 'tsked' at my comment. Oh well.

The four of us got in a line next to the rest of the others. The Old Man was in front of everyone and before he started talking I raised my hand. "Yes, Kyoki?" The Old Man said with a smile. He's expecting a smart ass comment. . . Well, he's not gonna be disappointed.

"Can I change career path?" I asked.

"To what?" The Old Man asked.

"An assassin, they don't talk nearly as much as you ninja," I replied.

"Ignore him," Kakashi sighed. Ha, Kakashi is so done with me.

So, the Old Man gave some big speech, Kabuto withdrew, and there's was drama between Duckass and Sakura. Oh fun. There was a minute or two of silence then the sound of metal scraping against something could be heard. It's about time.

"I was wondering when you'd show up," I said as I turned to face where the sound was coming from, "Elise."

A short girl with long blue hair and matching blue eyes smiled at me. The cause of the metal scraping sound, her sword she carries around. The sword is around her height so that's pretty big for a sword. I don't get how she carries it around with ease all the time.

"Kyo, I missed you so much," she shouted as she walked towards me.

"You're late," Was my reply to that. Which seemed to annoy her. She stabbed her sword into the ground before she popped her knuckles.

"We haven't seen each other in a couple of months and that's all you have to say, you asshole!" She shouted. She threw a few punches at me, which I dodged. "You're so mean," Elise muttered after I dodged the fourth punch.

"I'm not even gonna bother denying that. Anyways, what are you doing here, Elise?" I said.

"Wait a second," Sakura interrupted, "So, she's late as far as showing up, but you don't even know why she's here?"

"Yup, honestly, I've been expecting her to pop up for a while now. Especially, during the Zabuza mission, but it surprised me when she didn't, especially considering I got hurt," I said.