Chapter 19

Elise POV

After, Kyo's match that Taku guy went against some blond girl. I think her name was Fino? I don't know I wasn't paying attention mainly because I didn't care. All that matters is looking out for Kyo and Naki. I have to protect them, no matter what.

During, Taku's match Naki was watching like a hawk, which is funny cause he's a snake. Snakey-snakey-snake. "Naki," I said as I stood and walked over to him. Kyo has kinda shut down, he's curled up and hugging his knees. His lost in his head at the moment.

Naki just glanced at me before returning his attention to the match. Taku somehow got Fino(?) to cut her hair? What even? She used some jutsu to switch bodies, I think. I probably should've paid attention. Anywho, 'Taku' started to give up when he suddenly turned into a fox. Oh boy, well that's a problem. Lady Hebi must have sent him. Naki tensed up, he didn't seem to think anyone noticed though. 

I wish I understood him, like Kyo.

I do not speak snake and with Kyo how he is, he's not really helpful right now. Great, so I have no clue what's going on with Naki and I have no way to find out. Well, right now anyway. I'll find out later.

A hand was suddenly on my shoulder and my precious Ragnarok was suddenly at someone's throat. I turned to see Kaka-baka. "Oops, sorry," I said as I pulled Ragnarok away from his throat.

"Are you done trying to kill me?" Kaka-baka asked as he pulled his hand away.

"Yeah, so why did you touch me?" I asked.

"I need to talk to you later," Kaka-baka said, I'm assuming it's something to do with Kyo considering he's asking me.

"Oh boy, am I in trouble already?"

"Depends."

Time Skip~

So, everyone got their matches done. I got Kyo's match number for him, cause he was still unresponsive at the time. He's going against Taku, which seemed to worry Naki. Anywho, that was like two days ago, Kyo's been shut up in his house since. Before I can get him out of his house I have to talk with Kaka-baka today. Fun?

So, I was meeting all of Kyo's squad at Suke's hospital room. "Elise, you're here," Kakashi said as I walked into Suke's room.

"Hiya, Kaka-baka, other three, how are you guys?" I asked. 

"Kaka-baka?" Naru mumbled.

"Ya, he be Kaka-baka. You be Naru. That thing there be Suke," I gestured to the Duckbutt creature, "And she is Saki."

"Why Suke?" Suke asked.

"Cause your name starts with an 'S' and you're clearly a uke," I said, I could've also said I was just talking off the first two letters of his name. . . But that'd be boring. Before Kaka-Baka could say anything, I spoke up, "You're wanting to know about Kyoki, right? That's why you asked me to come here."

"Yeah, you know him better than anyone, so I figured-" Kaka-Baka trailed off.

"Alright, ask away."

"Um, if we're just gonna talk about Kyoki, I'm gonna go," Saki said as she hurried out the door. So, she's afraid of him know, that's not good. Maybe it's a good thing Kyo hasn't tried to interact with anyone. Saki being afraid of him will just add onto all the stress he must be going through. It's worrying. Kyo can't handle his own emotions, there's no telling what'll happen if he gets even more overwhelmed. I have to protect him, how can I protect him from himself?

"So, first question?" I said as I smiled at the three remaining goofs.

"Why is Kyoki such a-" Naru started, but paused to think of a way to describe Kyo. ". . . Kyoki," Naru said, he must've decided there was no other way to describe Kyo. He must not have thought of the words: Emotionally fucked up child. Nonetheless, I'll still answer.

"Kyoki hasn't always been the Kyoki you know. He's always had problems at understanding others, he was unintentionally blunt. After a certain incident, he would barely talk for almost three years. . . It took getting Nakimasu to get him to talk more. Even when I tried he would either give me one or two words or ignore me. Though, once he started talking more . . . Well, you've seen how he is. He insults people so they hate him and don't try to get close to him. He's terrified of losing people he cares about."

"So, this whole time that asshole was pushing us away to protect us?" Naru said, I suppose he was trying to make sense of what I said. "That doesn't make sense! What's he trying to protect us from?!" Naru suddenly shouted.

"Naruto, that was uncalled for," Kaka-Baka scolded.

"Well, it doesn't make sense! How does pushing people away protect them?!" Naru shouted.

Thankfully, Suke was kind enough to ask a question about a different topic, "You know Kyoki really well, how?"

"I've been in his life as long as I can remember, so for about 14 years now. Both of them were bright-eyed when I met them, but now Kyo's eyes are always so sad. I want them to be bright again. I want him to smile again, like he used to. . . But I'm not enough to make him happy. I could barely get him to talk, it took Nakimasu for that. When he shut down six years ago, I couldn't help him at all. It took a snake and three years for him to talk. . . And to feel again, it took six years and you all." . . . So, I may have been crying, but that's not important.

"Okay, Kyoki is an ass," Naru suddenly said.

"Huh? No, he's not," I said as I looked at him.

"He abandoned someone who cares about him so much! How do you still care about him?" Naru said.

"He came here to live out the dream of a bright-eyed kid who never got to and to escape. He didn't abandon me, he wouldn't abandon me. We . . . We used to talk about coming to the Leaf Village and becoming a squad together, the three of us. That dream never got to come true, so instead, Kyo wanted to be a ninja for all of us, cause if one of us got to be, it was like all of us got be," I said with a smile. I wiped my eyes with my wrist. It's been so long since I even let myself think about this stuff.

"The three of you? You mean Shoki?" Kaka-Baka spoke up.

". . . . Yes."

"Who's Shoki?" Kaka-Baka asked.

"He is- was Kyoki's twin brother."

Akuma: Hey, so I updated, wow, I know. I like how this chapter turned out and I hope you guys like it as well. (If you're getting sick of emotions by now, it only gets worse.) Anywho, thanks for reading~