Chapter 18

Kyoki POV

Sakura, I have to fight Sakura? Greeeeeat, that's just marvelous. I don't know how I'm supposed to go about fighting her. If I do something wrong she could get seriously hurt, which could cause my team to hate me. . . Wait, why do I care if they hate me? I shouldn't care. I don't care.

We got ready to face off and Sakura had a determined look on her face. I suppose I could withdraw. Of course, that comes with the complaints I would receive from the others. That would be too annoying to sit through. Maybe instead of using chakra control to strengthen my attacks, I could cut off my chakra all together? That would make me weaker, maybe it would make it easier for Sakura. I mean, I'll end up throwing the match, no matter what I do.

I must've tuned out because next thing I know, Sakura's fist was in front of my face. I dodged her punch, barely. Unfortunately, I was slower than usual, considering I had already started to cut off my chakra. I put some distance between us. Sakura noticed I was slower, "What? I always thought you were really fast, why are you so slow all of a sudden?"

I kept quiet and Sakura sighed, but she also realized I wasn't trying to defend myself. She took the opportunity and charged at me. My eyes went to where her feet where on the floor. I waited until she was about two steps away before I started to move to dodge. She must've used chakra to speed herself up on the last step because I couldn't get out of the way in time . . . And I ended up with a kunai in me. I'm just surprised she's serious enough to use an actual weapon. Don't know what I'm gonna do about this.

She pulled out the kunai and backed away quickly, as she waited for me to attack. I pressed my hand to my wound. As blood slipped through my fingers my vision went black.

Third POV

Sakura almost tilted her head in confusion as Kyoki seemed to go limp. His head was hung, shoulders drooped, almost as if he fell asleep standing up. Things got even more peculiar when black snakes started to wrap around Kyoki. Where they came from, Sakura didn't have a clue, neither did anyone else for that matter.

"This is bad," Elise muttered. Kakashi glanced at her, obviously wanting to know what was going on.

"You know what's going on?" Naruto asked before Kakashi could say anything.

"Let's just say, what happens next will change how you see him. Not in a good way. Poor Saki, I know Kyo was originally gonna throw the match so he wouldn't hurt her, but now . . . Saki's best chance of surviving is to forfeit as soon as possible," Elise said with a sullen look on her face.

"Wait, Kyoki was gonna throw the match? And why are you talking like Sakura's gonna die?!" Naruto shouted.

"He wasn't using his chakra. If Kyo had been taking this seriously, Saki never would've managed to hurt him. Naru, unless Kyo can snap out of this on his own, Saki is as good as dead. Thing is though, the only other time I've seen this, he rampaged until he passed out," Elise said as she looked at Naruto. Naruto's eyes were wide.

"What do you mean like this?" Kakashi suddenly asked.

An insane laugh caught Kakashi attention. The snakes were gone and in their place a guy with black hair and yellow eyes. That answered Kakashi's question. Naruto's eyes where practically bulging out of his skull. The laughter stopped and the guy grinned at Sakura.

"I call him Kono," Elise suddenly said.

"But that's Kyoki, isn't it?" Naruto asked.

"I don't think so. He doesn't respond to Kyoki, I still don't know if he responds to Kono, but still. Plus, Kyoki has no memory of what happened afterwards . . . I think, Kono is like- all the darkness in Kyoki's heart manifested into a person. Of course, I can't confirm this, that's just how I see Kono," Elise said. Naruto stared at her, utterly shocked before he returned his attention to the match.