Chapter 6

Kyoki POV

"Listen up, Nakimasu. If anything happens don't even dare think about attacking, unless I tell you to. Got it?" I hissed as I walked up to the gate. Nakimasu was coiled around me, under my jacket, so the others wouldn't know. I can have some fun with that.

"Fine, fine," Nakimasu said as he stuck his head out of my hood. He hissed at me before retreating back into my jacket.

"Yeah! Alright," Naruto cheered as soon as we were outside the gates.

"What are you getting so excited about?" Sakura asked.

"This is the first time I ever left the village, I'm a traveler now. Believe it!" One of these days, I will kill him.

"That blond kid is annoying," Nakimasu hissed. Luckily, as far as I know, these guys can't understand snakes. Plus, with all the shouting Naruto is doing there's no way anyone could hear-

"What was that just now?" Sasuke asked. Crap! Why did he have to be standing next to me?!

"What are you talking about, Sasuke?" I asked. Making sure to sound as inconspicuous as possible.

"That noise just a second ago. What was it?" Sasuke asked. Will he ever learn to let go of stuff?

"Maybe it was the sound of your stupidity," I suggested. What? I have to insult these people every chance I get.

"Ugh, you're so annoying," Sasuke growled. I have already annoyed him. Yes! Another accomplishment.

"This seems to be a very dysfunctional squad, Kakashi," Tazuna said.

"Well, there's an idiot who won't admit he needs help, a fangirl who obsesses over Sasuke, Miss Useless, and me, The Insufferable Prick, according to Sasuke that it is," I said catching up with the him. "Obviously, we won't get along. It's impossible."

"It's not impossible, you just wish it was," Kakashi sighed.

"Actually, it is. In order for a squad to be functional there needs to be trust. I don't trust any of you and I won't until you give me a reason to. That's also why I won't listen to you, Kakashi, you haven't given me a reason to," I said with a smirk on my lips.

Naruto grumbled and Sasuke growled.

"How are we supposed to prove you can trust if we don't know how to?" Sakura asked.

"Exactly, that's why it's impossible. . . But if you ever do manage to earn my trust I'll show you my face." This seemed to motivate Naruto.

"You have an argument for everything, don't you?" Kakashi said.

"I'm not arguing, I'm merely explaining why I'm correct."

"Annoying," Sasuke muttered.

"I will earn your trust and I will see your face!!! Believe it!!!" Naruto shouted with a cheeky grin.

"I look forward to seeing you try."

"So, this puny pathetic brat is supposed to protect me?" Tazuna said. Starting an argument between him and Naruto. Which I tuned out because I did not want to be a part of it.

We finally started walking and after a while Sakura spoke up, "Hey, Tazuna, your country is the Land Of Waves, correct?"

"Yeah, what of it?"

"Kakashi-sensei, there are ninja in that country too, aren't there?" Sakura asked.

"How have you not shouted about being bored yet?" Nakimasu asked quietly.