(17) Blood, Sex, and Tears

“How long are we going to argue about this for? If this goes on a minute longer I’ll be pass out on the sidewalk!” I snapped while giving dramatic gestures to the ground.  

Xavier crossed his arms over his chest as he gave Liam a harsh look. “There’s nothing to argue about. I’m going in and bringing out our meal while you, my dear, wait inside beside the door.” He smiled towards me.

I shook my head. “I want to be the one to go in. Please, Xavier?”

“Absolutely not.”

“Why am I not allowed to go in?” Liam asked casually.

Xavier glared at him. “You have poor choice in supply. It takes you hours to choose.”

I was pretty peeved that he wouldn’t even involve me in the plan. I was so thirsty that I was seconds from ripping open the club doors and ripping into several people. “Fine. I’ll be drinking at the bar.”

Xavier suddenly grabbed me by the chin and crushed my lips to his. “By the door. Promise?” he whispered.

I frowned, but followed him into the club anyway.

Music blasted us the second we entered the building, nearly causing me to fall over. This trip wasn’t one of pleasure. We were here to drink, heal, and then take it from there. I found the music annoying and the lights painful. My body ached and felt so weak that I was surprised I was still able to walk. Everything seemed to piss me off. It was like when a human is hungry or tired and everyone suddenly wants to bring up pancakes or something political. I was becoming more pissed as I stood by the door and watched Xavier scout out for an easy target. He’s done it several times over the decades; you’d think I was used to it. But watching him flirt with three women was just too much. I felt jealousy, rage, and thirst pulse through me.

He stood near a table in the middle of the room. His body was leaned towards the brunette, who was extremely interested in whatever he was saying. She laughed and gave a slight flip of her hair. Why did he get to always take the lead? Why could I have the opportunity to hunt? He didn’t let me because he didn’t trust me. That was what it all came down to. We have to lure people outside by seducing them. Xavier once told me that he would never allow me to because he thought I’d sleep with them. Could Xavier still think that way?

I’ll show him I can hunt.

I pulled off my coat and quickly faded into the crowd and out of his sight. My eyes immediately landed on two men at the bar. Judging by their leather jackets, they looked to be bikers that were most like passing through. One had his eyes directly on a dancing girl’s butt while he had several gulps of his beer. It was creepy, the way he stared at her. This will easy for me. I tried to act drunk, which wasn’t hard considering I was already stumbling from being so drained. I placed my hand on the bar, right in between them. “Do ya’ll know of a mechanic that can come out this late?” I asked them, slurring my speech the best I could.

The one with a red beard looked at me, his pulse racing as he looked me up and down. “Do you need your car jumped or something?”

“Or something else…” muttered his friend so quietly that, if it weren’t for my incredible hearing, no one would have heard.

I leaned against the bar and flipped my hair delicately over my shoulder to expose the pale skin of my shoulders and neck. “No idea. It just won’t start. My friends are totally drunk and have no clue about cars. I just don’t know what to do!” I bit my lip and looked down.

“I can take a look at it if ya want,” the biker behind me said.

“You wouldn’t mind?”

“Nah. It’s cool.” He stood up and finished his drink in three gulps.