(5) Curiosity

(5) Curiosity

My mind was so jam packed with all of the information I had learned, it was a mystery as to how I was able to follow Xavier. His pace quickened when we went up the large stairs—which were the color of marble and gold—and pulled me through an empty hallway that was dimly lit. It was obvious that people shouldn’t be up here because it was dark and not even decorated like the downstairs. He stopped at two large, cherry colored doors that were arched at the top with carved frames and a shiny finish. I was awed by it for a moment because I wasn’t used to seeing something so fancy and expensive looking.

“No one is up here usually… Let’s hope no one is up here now…” Xavier murmured to himself as he opened the door and let us in.

Although the room was dimly lit, I could tell that I was standing in a library. The room was octagon shaped with shelves so high that I had I look up to see if they truly did end. The shelves were absolutely stuffed with books to the point that they looked as if they might explode off the shelves. There was a large, dark wood desk that sat opposite of the doors, with large French doors behind it that were barely hidden by white curtains. The room smelled wonderful with the slight musty smell of books.

I looked down at the perfect white rug with golden designs that looked like ivy. Two couches faced each other on the rug, with low backs and arms. They were gold and white striped with tiny red pillows on them. I noticed a red chair in the corner with a high back and fluffy cushions that I swear I could spend all day in and not even want to move. Everything in the room was perfect. A bird suddenly tweeted when it noticed us in the room. I approached its round black metal cage and peered inside where the brightly colored parrot sat on its perch. This room had anything I could have ever wanted. Well, besides an unlimited supply of fresh blood, that is.

“It’s…perfect,” I whispered as I brushed my fingers over the smooth desk

“I thought you might like it.”

“Whoa! That is the largest globe known to man!” I proclaimed as I darted to the yellowed looking globe that sat on the far left of the room.

“Mmm-hmm…”

Xavier’s tone of voice made me realize part of the reason why he brought me here; Privacy.

“I can’t tell if you’re still furious with me for the dance, or if you want to…?” I said slowly, tilting my head to the side as I tried to figure it out.

“Well,” he began softly, “I am still quite upset over the dance, and you will hear about when we get home… But right now it’s option number two.”

I leaned against the bookshelf as he approached me cautiously, as if I were an untamed cat. His fingers brushed from my jaw and over my collarbone, stopping at the cleavage part of my dress. I pressed my lips to his, kissing him so softly that it was a feathery touch. He pulled me closer, resting his hand on my lower back. He began feeling around for a zipper on my dress, but was muttering a list of complaints and gave up.

 Xavier got onto his knees and slowly lifted the skirting of my dress, his fingers brushing over my ankle and leg as he went. He pulled my dress up near my upper thigh and stopped, and then delicately grasped my upper leg. His touch was so soft and sweet that I completely had forgotten where we were. I reached down and touched his hair, messing up the neatly slicked back hair and playing with it between my fingers. He began pressing his lips above my knee, causing me to shake and grasp his shoulder for support. It was such a mystery as to why his touch made me act so different.

After he planted a final kiss right on the side of my leg, he grasped my hand and held it to his lips. I dropped down to my knees next to him and began placing teasing kissing on his neck, leaving lipstick marks as I went. He pulled me to my feet and we slammed into a bookshelf, very nearly causing an avalanche of books. I gripped onto his broad shoulders and continued with the kissing on his neck—a move that I knew he was crazy about. His hand clenched onto one of the shelves, supporting his weight. It was nice to be the one causing him to be weak in the knees. I slid off his jacket and began undoing the first few buttons of his dress shirt, my lips brushing the skin of his shoulder and throat as I went.