(4) Behave

(4) Behave

I began to question whether my dress was right or not. When I had bought it, I was in this terrible mood because Xavier had upset me. He will probably hate it. It was long and brushed the floor as I walked, yet light enough so that it didn’t weigh too much. From the hips to the chest it was very formfitting, to the point of it being nearly impossible to take a breath. I will just have to not breathe. I looked down at my chest and realized that Xavier was going to light into me about how it was too revealing. The back of the dress, well, wasn’t there. I ordered a backless dress because I thought it looked classy and slimming, but Xavier will definitely see it as me trying to lure some man into a closet with me.

The color of the dress, however, I picked for him, because he always said he loved me in green. The olive green fabric had a bit of a shine to it and soft against my pale skin. It was surprising to actually find a dress that looked decent on me… From what I could tell, at least. I brushed and formed my hair into a long, loose braid down my right shoulder and draping it partially over my chest in hopes of covering it a bit more. Unfortunately that left my back more exposed.

“Are you almost finished?” Xavier asked outside of the bathroom door.

I slid on some black, high-heeled shoes before opening the door carefully. “I’m done.”

His eyes roamed over my body for a least a minute, and from what I could tell he was pleased with what he saw. That is, until I turned to walk past him.

“Please tell me that you’re going to wear a jacket the entire night,” he groaned when he saw my bare back.

“Xavier, most women wear dresses like this. It’s considered classy and elegant.”

“It’s considered hooker.”

A large frown formed on my lips. “You don’t think I look beautiful?”

Surprisingly, his expression relaxed and he gave a slight smile. “I think you look fantastic… For around the house, of course.”

“I don’t have anything else to wear and I don’t particularly want to change.”

He growled. “You’re staying by me the entire night, understood? We’re not going to some human club or bar, this is a ball filled with vampires. There will be some dangerous people there.”

I gave a slight nod to show that I was listening, but apparently, that wasn’t enough.

“Lucy, I’m extremely serious. Don’t leave my side. Most of those vampires are used to getting exactly what they want. You’re wearing that dress, and you’re hardly an experienced vampire. Stay by my side, understood?”

“I understand… Everything will be fine.” I reached up and touched his cheek, feeling the smoothness of his skin. “You shouldn’t worry all the time.”

He tilted his head to the side with the sweetest smile ever. “You always give me something to worry about,” he stated dryly before kissing my hand and leading me to the door.

I followed him down the stairs and into the hall, but he suddenly stopped and faced me.

“Oh, I forgot… I bought these for us.” He slid something small and slick into my hand.

I ran my finger over the shiny screen of the cell phone. I’d never really had one before, honestly. Why would I need one? Xavier and I were always together, and cell phones were kind of a new thing back then. I never knew anyone back in my running days, really. The cell phone’s touch screen came to life and revealed a colorful background with little apps.

My Possessive Creator (Book II)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें