Chapter five

Pictures of Claire  above

Pictures of Claire above

Christopher's POV

Flipping through files trying to look for information on someone has never been this difficult . I am currently sitting in my office looking for any bit of information I can get on Hayley. All it says here is that she's supposed to take over the alpha position in the Rosewood pack, the neighboring territory pretty soon.

Thinking back on my mate today seems to lighten up my bored expression. Her angelic laughter filled me with so much joy, just being able to know she is happy is all I need to set my heart at ease .

Her body is a whole other topic. From the shift in her hip movement as she ran today at gym was more than enough to drive my wolf crazy. I made sure I was directly in front of her and facing her when it came to the planks and push ups to prevent her cleavage from being noticed by anyone else but me.It did annoy her but I just loved seeing her facial expressions. The way she bit her lower lip as she struggled to keep moving made certain thoughts run through my mind that are definitely not school appropriate.

My moment of reminiscing is immediately cut short by my beta. He barges through the door and instantly comes to a standstill as he takes in my mood."Well, that's a first." Maxwell states after plopping down onto the couch. "Dude, you do realize you were smiling a moment ago. Right?" He asks with a shocked expression. "So?" I coldly question back as I slightly tilt my head and narrow my eyes, something I often do around pack members and anyone that tries to piss me off."And he's back." Maxwell states more to him self while trying to avoid eye contact with me. I don't force people to normally. I guess it's a sign of respect, intimidation, weakness... I couldn't care less.

"What do you want?" I ask with a cold demeanor. "I found some information on the rogues that-" "That's enough. Put the files on my desk and leave." I abruptly say, cutting him off mid sentence. "Yes Alpha." He responds one last time before rushing out of my office.

I honestly don't intend to be this harsh at times. It's just something I adapted to to ensure I'm never predictable. My family expressed their feelings and look where it got them, dead.
I've been writing follow up chapters like crazy ever since I began the book.