Chapter nineteen

Hayley's POV

"Hello." I groan at whoever called me at such an ungodly hour. Normally, I would check the caller ID but I'm to tired to actually care. I turn to my side, only to find Tiffany's body spread out across most of my bed, leaving me with a small part to sleep on. Thanks Tiff (note the sarcasm). Saying I'm uncomfortable would be an understatement of the year.

"Good afternoon beautiful." The cool tone rings through the line, making a warm and fuzzy feeling wash over me like a wave."What do you mean good afternoon? It's still early in the morning." I yawn out loud and try to flip onto my stomach. That's the worst mistake I could make at the moment.

I land on the ground with a thud that surprisingly goes unnoticed by Tiffany. "Are you okay?" Christopher's voice sounds out with so much worry, that it makes me smile even more as the discomfort from the drop eases away. I've got to stop falling off of this thing. "I'm good. Just fell out of bed." My shoulders shrug as I speak with a softer tone.

His deep chuckle sounds through the line, making my cheeks heat up. "It's not funny." I whine and pout, my voice going an octave higher unintentionally. His chuckles abruptly stops as he starts to speak. "Go out with me."

"Sure, hold on." My excitement triples at this. Pulling the phone away for a brief second, I stand and do a happy dance, trying my best not to squeal too loudly.

I crawl back to the same position, pretending what just happened never did

I crawl back to the same position, pretending what just happened never did. "Wh-" I clear my throat for a second, "where are we going?"  trying my hardest to not squeal even more. "It's a surprise." He says in a playful tone, his voice deepening slightly. "Really, I don't even know what to wear now."

"Something casual will do. Make sure you can move around in it." He says the last part with a bit of worry to his voice. This almost makes me laugh. "Don't worry, I'm not going to wear heels and some fancy dress." I laugh a bit towards the end.

"I'll pick you up at two." At this, my eyes snap at the alarm clock on my bed side table that reads 12:30. "That can work." I speak my thoughts out loud, not considering the fact that Christopher could find me really weird. "Perfect, I'll just need permission from the alpha to enter your territory." Crap, I'll have to ask father which means he'll most likely want to know everything. "Uh yeah. What are you going to do till then? Wouldn't want you getting bored out of your mind or anything." I tug on my lower lip as my fingers drum on the carpeted floor in slight curiosity. "I'll just do some pack stuff, no biggie." He casually states the last part. "Okay, bye Christopher."

"Until then my fair lady." I can almost feel his smirk that I have now come to learn as infamous. I roll my eyes as the line goes dead.

I paddle my way to the kitchen, knowing perfectly well father will be there, keeping mother company as she cooks. "Well, you look...interesting." Reagan unnecessarily points out, making me glare at him. "That's not nice, your sister looks fine. Now apologize." Mother speaks sternly as she points the wooden spoon at Reagan. I give him a victorious smile as he apologizes before my attention is drawn to my father. "Good afternoon baby girl." His harsh stare softens as his eyes trail from his laptop screen and onto me. "Good afternoon pa. I was wondering if you could give my friend permission to enter the pack lands." I put on the cutest face I can master and look at the floor, playing with my hands. "Who is this friend and why do they need to enter the territory?" Glancing up, I notice father's questioning look slip on as one of his fingers taps the the island counter continuously. "They are a recent friend from school. We made plans to hang out today so they need to pick me up." I answer carefully, trying not to be to specific with the gender.