Chapter eleven

Christopher's POV

It feels good having Hayley this close to me. Even though her body is dangling from my shoulder. What she said in the cafeteria really pushed my buttons but she has a point. I do owe her an explanation but I just can't bring my self to tell her the complete truth. All the terrible things I've done since that day, all the lives I've taken, all the innocent minds I've corrupted. I just can't come clean about them. Telling the truth would be admitting I have a problem and admitting I have a problem means giving into the pent up emotions I've kept hidden all these years and letting them out. Saying I'll have a mental breakdown would be an understatement.

I set her on the ground after walking to the forest like area near the soccer field. "Well?" She asks with attitude lacing her sweet voice and crossing her arms over her chest. "Don't do that." I gently state while taking her arms from their crossed position and onto her sides. She gave me a questioning look with a hint of irritation. "It's distracting." I mutter quietly, rubbing the back of my neck feeling awkward. Her eyebrows scrunch in more confusion, before realization hits her. Her cheeks immediately fill up with a red tint, making her beauty shine even more. God she's amazing. There's still a possibility of her rejecting me after finding out he whole truth.

Hayley's POV

The anger that had built inside of me slowly minimizes as Christopher's face changes into a certain expression I have never seen from him before, sadness . I whimper as I start to feel his emotions from the mate bond. I wrap my arms around him, while stroking the hair at the back of his head. I have to tiptoe for a while before he wraps his arms around me, lifting me off the ground in the process. He releases a shaky breath as he buries his face in my neck.

Whispering sweet nothings can't help his situation so, I opt for something else. I've never been in such a position before so saying I'm clueless at the moment would be an under statement.

Christopher and I have been in this position for a while now but he hasn't done anything yet, no tears, no sobs, none at all. I'm deeply concerned by this which brings me to my next action. "Christopher?" I whisper, knowing he can hear me from how close we are. He clears his throat before speaking. "Yeah." I pull back slightly and step back onto the ground. My hands are still behind his neck, playing with his soft locks. I've never really taken note of how unique his eyes are. The left one is slightly lighter with a really dark rim near the white part, while the left one is a deep brown with less of a dark rim near the white part.

I can feel Christopher inch closer towards me as I do the same, his body heat radiates all over me, making me feel safer now that I'm with him. His eyes leave mine as they slowly travel to my lips. I do the same as I notice him licking his own. His lips part slightly as his minty breath fans my face, sending chills down my spine. Our lips touch and sparks immediately erupt from the contact made. His lips mold perfectly with mine, filling me with more adoration for the man standing right in front of me.

Their first kiss 🤗. I honestly don't know how to write such. Most of my writing before had more of mystery and little to no romance. But yeah, that's the chapter.