Chapter Two

I imagine Amelia "Mina" Stevens as Lilly Collins; especially the photo above. I'll attach a photo of Carter next chapter so we can all agree on his hotness together. Please vote and comment to tell me your thoughts!! Enjoy :)
******************

Dinner was spent leaning forward on the long cafeteria tables, huddled in a group, discussing our revenge plan in hushed voices. Sarah, Rachel, Julie, Poppy, and I created a master plan to regain our rightful bunk bed. Well, technically just Poppy needed to regain her top bunk, considering I was still on the bottom, but now this was a personal vendetta.

"Why can't you just leave dinner early and move her things to the other bunk?" Julie questioned as we planned.

Poppy rolled her eyes. "Because she will just do the same the next time we aren't in the room. We have to scare her away from taking my bed."

"And we have to do it without damaging your bed, so you can sleep on it again," Julie adds.

"Not necessarily," I smirk a little. "There are extra bed sheets in the counselors cabin. You know, in case we need to get messy."

Poppy smirks back at me. "I like the way you think, Mina."

And so we went about our plan in secret, whispering details amongst each other, the evil glint in Poppy's eye only increasing as we progressed. Our plan changed a few times as we configured the details, having to frequently shut down Poppy's ideas that leaned heavily on the harsh side.

Like when she suggested we lather half of her head with Nair. As you can see, Poppy seriously hated this girl, but it's not like I could say I'm her biggest fan either. I mean, she's new, and yet she's acting like she owns the place. And as far as she's concerned, rudeness and selfishness are two of Poppy's least favorite traits.

"What if we pour honey in her hair and eyebrows while she's sleeping?" Poppy suggests gleefully.

"She can just wash that off," Rachel dismisses.

"Yeah, you need something that she thinks will effect the bed," Sarah agrees. "Like bed bugs, or something."

Poppy makes a face. "I don't want bed bugs in my bed!"

While they discuss strategies, my mind wanders to a wilderness course I took in school last year. My hippy-teacher, Mr. Samuel, had tried to teach us the difference between different berries in the wilderness, and their different uses. Suddenly, a wide grin stretched across my lips, as I remembered one specific berry he had told me about.

"I got it," I exclaim excitedly, and all the girls turn their heads to me.

"Well, what is it?" Poppy asks impatiently, shaking my arm a little. "Don't leave us hanging!"

I think of how to explain, and instead decide that I need to show them. Carefully, I grab the knife I was using for dinner into my hand, and sneakily slide it into my boot with minimal movements. The girls watch with rapt interest, confused as to why I was stealing a knife from the dining hall. I flash them a mischievous smile and tell them, "Follow me."

They do, and we walk out of the dining hall casually, as if there weren't a knife in my boot. My eyes were alive with playful secret as I led my friends behind the dining hall, scanning the ground for a rose bush. Once I found a bundle of them, I jogged over and knelt down before the bush, finding it adorned with the berries I had suspected to be there.