Chapter Three

For those of you who don't know, I posted chapter one for three new stories that I've been thinking of working on. So far this is my favorite, but I want to know what you think!
Please vote and comment to let me know your opinion of Camp Wisahickon!
If you'd like to see the other stories, they're on my profile, called Floor Twelve & Cuts and Bruises.
Enjoy the chapter (just a warning, it's unedited)!
PS: photo of Carter above! Ain't he cute ;)
*****

After piano practice, I went straight to the dining hall for breakfast, and ate with Rachel, Sarah, and Julie. Afterward, I retrieved the schedule from the Rec Center and headed back to my cabin with the other girls. The second I opened the door, I heard a high pitched scream, and I rushed inside to see what had happened.

To my pleasure, the scream came from Katie, who was feverishly itching her arms and legs as she stared into the mirror. When I laid my eyes on her, I knew we had won. She was throwing her bed dirty looks as she ran her nails across her skin in a desperate attempt to alleviate the itching sensation she was probably experiencing.

"Those beds are horrible!" Katie cried, pointing an accusatory finger toward her bunk.

"Oh, that's just that top bunk," I say casually, walking over to Katie as her gaze snaps to me. "For some reason, that bed has always gotten bad bed bugs."

I knew she wouldn't know the difference between bed bugs and itching powder, and I was right. Her eyes widened in horror upon hearing my words, and she stopped itching herself for a moment. But the moment passed and she began itching her arms again, feverishly scratching, and looked at Poppy, who was watching the whole scene from her bottom bunk.

"You can have your freakish bed back," Katie spat rudely. "God, this place is disgusting."

I could see the smirk Poppy was holding back, and had to stifle my own cry of success. With one last dramatic groan, Katie ran out of the cabin, slamming the door behind her. The second she walked out, everyone dissolved in a fit of laughter. I began laughing so hard that I fell back on Poppy's bed, joining her as she continued on in hysterics.

"Victory!" Poppy cries.

"Did you see her skin? It was turning red from scratching so much!" Sarah exclaims in giddy mischief. "I can't believe it worked."

Poppy sits up and smirks at Sarah. "Of course it worked. Mina is a pranking genius."

I stand and give a fake bow while our friends giggle and clap for me. "I'd like to thank the academy, my professors, my mentor, but most of all, I'd like to thank Poppy and all of her evil genius for starting this war with blondie." The giggles increase during my speech, and everyone loses it by the end. "Now, who wants to go to the lake?"

Most of the girls agree with me and we change into our bathing suits, high off of our itching powder victory. I change into a light blue floral bikini top with plain black bottoms and throw an oversized band cut off tee on top of my suit. Lazily, I tie my hair into a ponytail, and then we're off. Towel slung around my neck, I walk excitedly toward the lake, leading the equally as eccentric pack of girls behind me.

The lake was my favorite place at camp. Everyone swam in the same area of the lake, where we had added a floating dock and a rope swing. However, my favorite part about the lake was about a mile past the thick trees, when you reached the waterfall, with water cascading into a natural swimming hole. I had found it my second year of coming to camp when I went on a hike; I still remember running all the way back to the cabins to show Poppy.

We named the entire area the Water Hole, and beyond Poppy and I, I'm not sure if anyone knew about it. If they did, then they kept it a secret. I liked keeping the waterfall to myself; it was a beautiful gem that I didn't want anyone else to steal. Not only was it a perfect swim spot, but it was a good place to be alone and think. Every summer I walk through the woods to the Water Hole and end up sitting for hours, just thinking about life.