Chapter Six

Sooooo... who's Team Mina? She's kind of badass.
Vote if you enjoyed and happy reading!

********************************

Waking up for piano practice has never been so hard. With a pounding head, I somehow dragged myself out of bed and across the camp grounds, and miraculously managed to get through practice without throwing up from the sounds of the painfully loud piano. The moment practice was done, I practically jumped off of the piano bench- well, I would've jumped up had sudden movements not hurt so much- and trudged back to my cabin.

Upon nearing my cabin, I noticed Carter walking away from it, looking very pleased with himself. Almost immediately, our conversation from last night flooded my memory, and I remembered his blue hair. My eyes dart to his head, no longer being shielded by a hood, and I frowned when I noticed that his hair was back to its usual shade of brown. Did I dream our conversation last night?

"Good morning Amelia," Carter chirps enthusiastically, a big fat grin on his face. "Wonderful weather we're having, isn't it?"

I narrowed my eyes, suspicious of his behavior. "What's got you in such a good mood?"

He grins wider, mischief shining in his eyes. "As you can see, I finally managed to get the blue out of my hair, after my eighth shower, so I no longer have to hide in my cabin."

So I didn't dream our conversation. I eye him, still suspicious as to his good mood.

Still not completely convinced, I nod slowly. "That's it?"

"That's it," He confirms. "I'm going to get breakfast. See you later, princess."

I frown as he walks away before I can reply, and I turn around to shout at his retreating figure, "Don't call me that!"

I faintly hear his laugh and shake my head before heading back into the cabins, making a beeline for the shower.  I felt sticky and dirty for no real reason, but longed to stand under the lukewarm spray of the shower head, so that's exactly what I did. Carefully but quickly, I stepped out of my clothes, got underneath the spray of water, and instantly felt myself relax.

After shampooing and conditioning, I stood under the warm water for awhile longer, basking in the way it made my tense muscles relax, before I finally turned it off and got out. The mirror had fogged up in the process, and after wrapping myself in a towel, I leaned forward to wipe off the condensation from the window.

My eyes widened when I saw blue streaks in my once dirty blonde hair.

The once blonde highlights in my dirty blonde hair were stained a bright blue, with a darker blue compliment as lowlights. My hair was already feeling strangely stiff, thanks to the dye, and I stared at myself wide eyed in the mirror, unable to comprehend why I suddenly looked like a Troll doll.

Carter Miller.

Anger builds inside me as I realize that I caught him moments ago leaving my cabin, where he had put the food dye in my shampoo, and he was so happy because he had just pranked me. Although I should jump back in the shower and try to rid my hair of the bright blue color, I instead change into my clothes and march out of my cabin angrily, dead set on killing Carter.

I found him leaving the dining hall with James and Justin by his side, per usual, laughing at something that one of the boys had said. I stomped over with a scowl on my face, and James was the first one to notice me. His eyes went wide and he slapped Justin and Carter, who stopped laughing to see why he had suddenly paled.

"Miller," I seethe as I approach. "Why the fuck did you think it was okay to dye my hair blue?"

Carter, the asshole, has a smug smirk on his face. "Well, sweetheart, I was just showing you that I actually do know how to execute a prank."