Chapter Twenty Two

WARNING: This chapter contains major feels and it broke my heart so please be prepared to cry and simultaneously want to die from sadness. 

*************************************************************

CARTER'S POV

I woke up to the sound of water off in the distance, and when I fully came to, I smelt the sweet vanilla scent that I had grown to love. A sleepy smile fell upon my lips as my eyes slowly opened, and I looked down to see Amelia lying asleep in my arms. For a moment, I just stared at her sleeping face, her long eyelashes just grazing the top of her cheekbones, her plump pink lips parted, and her hair splayed on the pillow.

Her front half was lying on top of me, with her bare breasts pressed against my chest. I felt "little Carter" stir when I realized that we were both still naked, but can you blame me? I'm a guy, and it's morning, and I have a gorgeous girl lying beside me in my bed. A girl, for that matter, that made me rethink everything I've ever said about detesting relationships and not believing in love. 

My fingers play with the ends of her hair as I lay contentedly in bed, thinking about last night. It had been incredible, but it wasn't just the sex. Don't get me wrong, the sex was amazing, but there was something about the way I feel about Amelia that made the entire thing so great. I'm used to fucking random girls then moving onto the next one, but things were different with her.

I was in love with her, that much I was certain. I didn't think I was capable of loving anyone, let alone some girl I met at a camp I was forced to go to, but it happened. I shake my head, just thinking about how fucking sappy I sounded. But, when I glance down at the sleeping beauty in my arms, I don't care about how much I've changed, because I know it's worth it if it means she's mine.

"Carter," Amelia moans in her cute sleepy voice, her hand sliding across my chest. "Why is your heart beating so fast?" 

I hadn't even realized that it was, but when her voice lulled me out of my thoughts, I realized she was right. But instead of answering, of telling her because I'm thinking about you, I murmur, "When did you wake up?"

She sighs, lifting her head off my chest to look at me, and her eyes crinkle when she gives me a smile. "Just now. How about you?" 

I can't help but smile back at her, and hope that my expression doesn't give away what I was just thinking about. "A few minutes ago."

Suddenly, her smile drops from her face, and she sits up. It takes a lot of willpower for my eyes to not wander down south, where her perky bare breasts were on full display, but I try my hardest not to, because she looks concerned. "What time is it?"

Her voice was fully alert and awake now, and when she asked the question, I realize why. Her mother was coming today, and that was reason enough for a happy moment to be ruined. I reach over for my phone on the bedside table and check the clock. It was almost noon. She must've glanced at the time over my shoulder, because a second later she jumped out of bed.

"Shit, shit, shit," She curses as she runs around the room collecting her clothing.

I sit up too, and reach down to tug my boxers on. "What time is she coming?"

Amelia throws her sweater over her head, not even bothering to put on her bra, and gives me the answer I was hoping she wouldn't. "Noon."

"Shit," I repeat her own words.

Quickly, she steps into her underwear and then her shorts while I tug my tee shirt over my head and pull my pants on. Our little bubble had been popped just like that, and I couldn't help but feel selfishly disappointed. After all, who would want to leave when you're lying in bed with the girl you love?