Chapter Seven

Enjoy the chapter! Xo

******************************************

To say I was on edge was an understatement.

Ever since Carter's threat yesterday morning, I've been sure to keep eyes on the back of my head. I always check my bed and possessions carefully, as if something will explode on me if I make the wrong move. Poppy keeps her eyes narrowed and suspecting of his every move in fear she'll be his next target. Unfortunately for me, I have a feeling I have the red bullseye right on my forehead.

Mrs. Brady hasn't scolded me for being distracted ever since that one morning, and I was determined to keep it that way. The last thing I needed was a phone call home to my parents saying I didn't have my head in the game. They would probably drive up to camp just to yell at me themselves, or worse- take me back home.

After practice this morning, when I was packing up my piano books, Mrs. Brady asked me, "Have you applied to Juilliard yet, Amelia?"

The subject immediately made me tense, like cold water was just splashed all over my body.

"No," I told her, my tone tight. "They aren't accepting applications until the beginning of my senior year."

She nods, oblivious to my discomfort of the subject. "Very well, only a few weeks then."

I nod stiffly and mumble a lame goodbye before exiting the auditorium as quickly as I could. I let out a big breath when I was finally outside, thankful that my escape had been swift, and try to clear my mind on the walk back to the cabin. On my way back, I noticed that most of the campers were awake, something that was a little unusual at this hour.

As I walk back toward the cabin, a group of girls pass me and snicker as they do so. Although I'm confused, I just let it go, deciding that they weren't talking about me. Then a group of boys pass me, and Mark smirks once he sees me.

"Nice bras, Mina," He says mockingly, and the rest of the boys burst out in laughter.

My brow creases as I look down and check if my bra was showing, but it was concealed by my long sleeve. When I looked up, though, I saw it. Waving in the wind on top of the flagpole, all of my bras were tied together and on display for the entire camp.

I recognized them as mine immediately. My blue and grey one, my lace white one, and, most embarrassingly, my bright pink push up bra that I only bought in case there was ever a moment I needed such a thing. My cheeks flushed in embarrassment for only a second before it was replaced with anger when I realized that this was Carter's doing.

The devil himself stood underneath the flagpole smirking victoriously, high fiving his friends as they appreciated his work. I wanted to smack all of them, but most importantly, Carter. He must've told everyone those bras belonged to me, or else Mark would've never known they were mine.

Once again, I found myself in a familiar anger-fueled march straight up to Carter. When I stopped in front of him, his laughter had ceased a bit, but he still wore his stupidly cocky smirk on his lips. James and Justin immediately backed away this time when they saw me, as they knew this wouldn't be pretty.

"You stole my bras?" I hiss, eyes ablaze.

Infuriatingly, he just winked. "I told you I could play dirty, princess."

I open my mouth to let out a string of words that no one should have to hear, but instead another voice speaks, his tone full of authority and anger. "What is the meaning of this?"

I turn around and see Marcus standing behind us, red in the face, angrier than I've ever seen him before. His hands are curled into tight fists by his side, and his expression is murderous. I shrink away when I see the usually happy-go-lucky Camp Director shaking in rage.