xvi

[Unedited]

How is it you never notice that you are slowly killing me?

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]

I had just finished work and was exiting the building, keeping my head down as I saw my secretary from the corner of my eye. I still hadn't recovered from my encounter this morning with Harry, I could feel my cheeks heating up just by thinking about it. She had seen him when he left my office looking like a wild animal and I didn't know if she had suspected anything. She gave me a small wave and smiled at me before turning the other way and disappearing from my view.

What had happened earlier with Harry was still fresh in my mind and I couldn't stop thinking about it. The effect he had on me was truly unbelievable, with just one kiss, one touch, he managed to make me give in to him and forget about everything and everyone. When he asked me to break up with Daniel I immediately agreed without thinking twice about it. I almost felt guilty for doing that. I was cheating on Daniel and this had to end, Harry was right, I never loved Daniel. I tried to make myself feel something about him, but I didn't succeed. I was keeping him because I was scared to let him go, I was scared of being alone, but now I was not.

The only thing that was left to do now was to call Daniel and tell him that we needed to talk before Harry found him first. Telling Harry his name was the biggest mistake I ever made, but I didn't realised I said it until it was too late. It was clear to me that the two of them weren't in good terms, they hated each other and now that Harry knew who my boyfriend was I don't think he would let it go like that. That was what scared me. I didn't want Daniel to learn about what happened from Harry. I am the one that should talk to him.

I pushed the doors open and stepped outside. The warm breeze hit my body and I closed my eyes as I took in a deep breath before opening them again and exhaling. My aunt was waiting for me in the car, through the dark windows I could make out her figure and I could see that she was talking on the phone.

I started walking towards the car, but stopped immediately when my phone started ringing in my bag. I placed a piece of hair behind my ear and looked down, inside my bag for the phone. My hand grabbed it and when my eyes landed on the name flashing across the screen I felt dizzy. Daniel's name was causing my heart to beat fast and I licked my lips, gulping as I swiped my finger across the screen and answered the call. I was feeling scared. What if Harry had found him and told him everything?

"Daniel?" My voice was small, shaking slightly as I said his name. No one talked. I couldn't even hear his breathing, no sound was made.

I frowned.

"Daniel are you there?" I asked.

Again no one talked. I was starting to think that he had called me by accident and was about to hung up, but in the last minute a sound was heard causing me stand still, alarmed.

"I was going to search for you, but you made it easier for me by coming here." A voice said and my eyes widened. I could never mistake that voice, that same voice that sang to me over the phone when I couldn't sleep. That deep and relaxing voice that always made me feel safe. It didn't sound so reassuring at the moment. Harry sounded angry, his voice had a certain edge to it.

My lips parted as if to speak, but nothing came out. All my fears were coming true. Harry was with Daniel and his words were replaying in my head.

He will pay.