xxvi

[Unedited]

That was her magic, she could still be the sunset even on those darkest days.❞

➳➳➳

Alexander lit up a cigarette, his first for the day, and thought about nothing in particular as the smoke drifted into the air, creating a grey cloud around him. He had gained his freedom again, yet, he didn't feel free. A few days had passed since his escape from prison and all he had done was stay in hiding. Everyone had been looking for him, his face was everywhere and he didn't want to risk getting caught again. Daniel had promised him freedom, but was not it.

“For how long are we going to stay like this?” he asked Daniel who was sitting opposite him. The other man raised his head to look at him, his eyes were sharp and cold as the stared right at him. Alexander had never seen him like this before, he was not the man he had left behind. He had changed a lot over the past year, he looked insane and determined for revenge.

“Until I have the perfect plan.” Daniel replied and Alexander nodded his head at him, leaning back on the wall behind him.

Daniel hadn't slept a lot these days, his eyes had dark circles under them, his skin was pale and he looked tired. Alexander often found him awake at night above his desk, writing down stuff he never bothered to question him about. The only thing he had managed to see were a couple of pictures, which he usually hid from him. They were all of Angelina...and they all looked recent. He had developed a psychotic obsession with her, it was getting scary.

“And what might that be?” Alexander asked him, creasing his eyebrows in confusion.

Daniel lifted his hand to brush his hair out of his face and Alexander noticed the way his hand was shaking as he performed the simple move. He had been acted weird lately, he was more aggressive, his eyes glowed and he looked like a mad man.

“I will take Angelina for him. She is mine!” he yelled, slamming his palm on the desk with force.

“And then what? Harry with try to get her back again and he will succeed.” Alexander stated, placing the cigarette back between his lips and filling his lungs with the toxic smoke.

“He will not! I will kill him myself if it is needed.” Daniel declared. Alexander didn't know why but suddenly the thought of Harry dying didn't sit well with him. He cleared his throat and shook his head.

“Why don't you just let them be? Let's just leave the country. Everyone is looking for us here, this is not what you promised me!” He told him, raising his voice a bit.

In a second Daniel was at him and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, pressing him brutally against the wall. The cigarette fell from his lips to the floor and Daniel stepped on it as he tighter his grip. He eyes narrowed as he looked at Alexander and the muscles in his face twitched. “You will not speak to me like that again. Remember that I am the one who helped you escape. You owe me and you will help me as promised. That's the only reason you are here, Alexander. If it wasn't for me you would be rotting in hell!” he shouted in his face.

“You're pathetic.” Alexander told him, grabbing his hands and pushing him away from him.

Daniel laughed.“Look who's talking. If I remember correctly you were the one who was trying to revenge him because he was the son of the whøre you fell in love with.” he snapped back at him and smirked.

Alexander clenched his fist and without thinking it twice, he let it collide with Daniel face, knocking him on the ground. He had had enough.

“Don't you ever talk about her like that!” he warned him, pointing a finger at him. Daniel looked at his with hatred as he touched his tender cheek.