xxxi

[Unedited]

We all go a little mad sometimes.❞

➳➳➳

[Harry's POV]

When I opened my eyes, my head throbbed. Thin light stripped the wooden, dirty floor beneath me. I shook my head, blinking a few times and looked around me. Soon I discovered that the light was coming from the warped door in front of me. I couldn't see much.

Where was I?

I remembered getting hit by a car. Pain. Someone then came out of it. I knew him. I closed my eyes again. My head hurt really bad. Must have hit it on something. I thought hard and my memories slowly came back to me; Daniel. He was the one that hit me with the car. He knocked me out.

I tried to move, but as soon as I did that an immense amount of pain spread through my right arm and back, leaving me almost out of breath. I groaned in pain and lowered my head to look down at my wrists. They were bound tight in front of me with baling twine and they hurt every time I tried to move them. Carefully I moved my hands up to where my head hurt. I felt a sticky mat of hair and a deep cut in the skin crusted over with dried blood. I could also feel the blood rolling down my cheek from another open wound on the corner of my eye. That piece of shit beat me good.

My body was sore and I couldn't move even if I wanted to. As I rolled over on the floor to spit blood out of my dry mouth, I caught a movement at the door. Immediately I forced myself up and leaned back against the wall as I heard the doorknob move. I gritted my teeth, ignoring the pain on my back and stared ahead of me waiting for the person on the other side to come in.

The door opened and the bright light slipped inside the room I was in, making my surroundings more visible. Daniel stepped inside smiling in triumph as his eyes landed on me. He was looked clean and fresh out of the shower as his damp curls stuck to his forehead and I was still in my blood stained clothes.

He turn on the light switch and leaned his back on the wall opposite me, admiring the damage he had caused to me. He was enjoying this. The smirk that appeared on his face as his eyes trialed down bloody figure told me that. I wanted nothing more than to stand up and punch him hard on the face. I couldn't contain the anger I was feeling, and the fact that I couldn't bring myself to do it only intensified my emotions.

“I am enjoying this, Harry. I was waiting for this moment to come. Now you can feel my pain.” he told me, anger talking over his features. His eyes darkened slightly, they were shining and he looked exactly like a mad person.

“I'm going to fûcking kill you.” I managed to say, trying to ignore the pain that only increased whenever I spoke.

He raised an eyebrow at me and laughed loudly, shaking his head. “That would need you to stand up and judging by your appearance is impossible for you to do so.” he stated, taking slow steps towards me. My hands were shaking with rage, I wanted to reach out and grab him. I wanted to beat the shit out of him.

I looked down at my wrists, they were red and bruised. I tightened my fist and bit my lip as I glanced up at Daniel who was now only a few inches away from me. He drew back his right fist and then punched me right in the face unexpectedly.

“That was for taking everything away from me.” he declared, a frown taking over his face.

I tasted the blood in my mouth and immediately spit it out, refusing to satisfy him by showing my pain. Insted I laughed bitterly at him, leaning back on the wall for support.

“You weren't capable Daniel. I didn't steal anything from you. It was your fault that you lost your job and it was your fault that you lost Angelina, though you never had her.” I told him truthfully, taking in a sharp breath and gripping my side.