xxx

[Unedited]

I'm meaner than my demons.❞

➳➳➳

[Harry's POV]

"This is the adress. She said she met Alexander here." I told Liam, pointing at the rather old building on our left. His eyebrows furrowed together as he looked at the abandoned neighbourhood and then back at me. He didn't seem convinced.

"Are you sure? I mean, why should me trust her? She practically came here to met a criminal, who is being chased by the whole country without informing the police. She might as well be hiding him from us or worse working for him. This might me a trap for all I know. In fact I should have arrested her for questions." He told me and I just gave him a hard look, which caused him to sigh. "But then again, that might not be the case." He finished.

I leaned back on my seat, running my hands over my face as I exhaled deeply. All this was driving me mad and I didn't have much patience left, I wanted to find Daniel and make sure that he would never hurt us again. And if that meant trusting the woman who abandoned me once, then I was willing to do it. I would do anything at this point. Anything.

"I have no choice but to trust her." I told him.

He shook his head.

"We shouldn't have come here alone. It's dangerous, Harry." He told me.

"I only told you for a reason, I didn't want you to arrest her. I know for a fact that this is not a trap. She wouldn't do that. If we truly find something helpful here, make your call and tell them that we found it. Don't mention her name." I said.

Liam reacged for his gun and looked at me. The expression on his face told me that he still had his doubts for what we were about to do.

"Why do I always agree to this?" He asked, opening the door as he looked ahead of him at the dark alleys and old buildings.

"Because you know that it's the right thing to do?" I replied, but it sounded more like a question. I quickly got out of the car and he did the same, shutting the door behind him. Then he pointed his finger at me, resting his hand on top of the car.

"No. The right thing would be to call the rest. This is suicide." He argued, raising his voice a bit.

I shrugged.

"Then maybe you're doing it because secretly your searching for some adventure. Something thrilling. I would be bored too if I had to obey orders every day, your life is boring. Just admit it." I told him, not looking at him. I knew that I was irritating him, but I was doing it on purpose. It was working.

"My life wasn't always boring, just so you know." He snapped back at me, moving slowly in front of the car. I approached him, smirking.

"It's hard to believe." I confessed. He always seemed like the good guy, the one that followed the orders perfectly and was scared to do something wrong. He obeyed Officer Johnson's order like a loyal pet.

"Listen, we're not discussing this here. Not now. I'm just helping you because I know you only want to protect the ones you care about. I know how it feels to be scared about someone else's life." He explained and it was my time to frown. Maybe I didn't know him that well, after all. I decided not to question him further, this was not the right time for that, we had other things to worry about.

"Now follow me and stay right behind me." He ordered. I nodded my head even though he couldn't see me and started following him slowly as he walked into the dark, empty alley path. I looked around me, trying to find anything suspicious or see anyone, but the place looked dead.