xxiii

[Unedited] 

Them butterflies they come alive when I’m next to you.❞

➳➳➳

[Harry's POV]

two days ago–

I entered inside Sylvia's office still a bit concerned by what she had told me on the phone earlier. She sounded upset and that told me that she was about to give me some bad news. Fûcking hell! I couldn't even have a proper break, could I? I knew that those last two weeks that passed were too good to be true and now here she was about to ruin the best days of my life.

Sylvia closed the door behind her as she followed me inside and walked in front of me. She motioned for me to sit on a chair, but I shook my head. “Just tell me what this is all about.” I told her.

She looked at me and placed her hand on the desk for support, sighing deeply. She was scaring me with this weird behaviour of hers.

“Where is Angelina?” She asked me instead, her blue eyes studying my face closely.

“I left her home, she wanted to come you know.” I informed her, remembering the small argument we had earlier. She wanted to come with me, insisting that it was her right to know what her dear aunt had to say to me. In the end she gave in, but only under the promise that I would tell her everything that we discussed. No more secrets.

“I wanted you to know first, I wasn't sure how she would react. She went through a lot lately and I didn't want her to know about this just yet.” She told me, shaking her head.

I sighed.

“Sylvia, I won't keep anymore secrets from her.” I stated, looking at her straight in the eyes and making my statement perfectly clear to her. All those lies led us here, but that was it. No more lying.

“Fine then, if that's what you want to do...” She trailed off and I nodded my head at her, telling her to keep on talking.

“The reason why I wanted to speak to you was because I received a phone call earlier. The police hasn't found Daniel yet, they think that he might have left the country, but nothing is one hundred percent certain. He's still free.” She informed me.

I could see the fear in her eyes, it was the first time I saw a woman as strong as her like that. After what happened with Daniel she was devastated, she blamed herself for bringing him in her niece's life. But how could she have known? He managed to fool everyone very well.

“You don't have to worry about him. I don't think he will try anything again after what happened. Everyone is looking for him, even if he comes, we will be ready. Angelina is safe with me.” I told her, trying to calm her worries.

She just looked at me with a worried expression as if wanting to say something else.

“They also found some things in his house.” She eventually told me.

I frowned, taking a step closer to her.

“What kind of things?” I asked her curiously.

“Weird, scary things... H-he had a room filled with Angelina's pictures all over the walls. He had been following her even before the accident and her arrival here, when she was still in England with you.” She said, shivering at the thought. He really was an obsessed psychopath. “They also found some pills, medications he was taking. The bottles were found almost completely full, which means that he hadn't been taking them for a long time. That's what scares me the most.”