xxxiv

[Unedited]

Yes, they loved each other...but it was never that easy.❞

➳➳➳

[Harry's POV]

I didn't know for how long I had been Daniel's hostage, but it surely felt like a long time. I was away from my family for a long time. I had lost count of the days, the darkness surrounding the room left me clueless of what time it was. Was it day or night? I didn't know. And I also didn't know for how long this would continue. I didn't know when he would get bored of torturing me and reminding me that my Angelina was going to be his. Just the thought of this sent shivers down my spine, imagining him touching her soft porcelain skin with his filthy hands filled me with anger and disgust. I tried not to think of it, but the possibility of it actually happening always crossed my mind and haunted me.

I felt useless and powerless, I couldn't even move. My whole body ached from being beaten repeatedly, I couldn't even feel my face. My muscles were sore and I could taste the dry blood on my lips, I didn't want to see how my face looked at the moment, I didn't want to see the damage he had done to me. My only concern was to go back to Angelina, back to my love. That terrified me the most. The possibility of not making it back to her.

I licked my lips. My throat felt dry and I couldn't even shallow properly, I needed water. I leaned my back on the wall, parting them slightly.

Suddenly I heard footsteps entering the room. It was either Alexander or Daniel, they were the only people I had seen or heard in this place, but I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes. My left eye was swollen badly so even if I tried I wouldn't be able to open it properly.

I took a sharp breath and immediately I felt water being splashed on my face, causing me to gasp loudly in surprise. My right eye shot open and I stared at Daniel who was looking at me with a smug expression on his face. He was holding an empty glass in his hand and I pursed my lips into a thin line, gritting my teeth.

"Oops, my mistake." He exclaimed, smiling sarcastically in the end. I didn't say anything, I wouldn't give him that satisfaction, so I bit my tongue and looked away from him, ignoring him and his stupid sense of humour.

"What? Come on now, my friend, don't ignore me. I feel hurt." He said. Instead of answering I rested my head back and tried to forget that he was inside this room with me.

He tapped my foot roughly, causing me to wince slightly and walked around the room, going to the coffee table in the corner and placing the glass he was holding on it. Then he pulled out a cigarette from his pocket, lit it and placed it between his lips.

"Your father still hasn't appeared." He informed me, like I gave a fûck about that piece of shît.

"And why should I care? He can die and I won't feel sorry." I spat out.

Daniel raised his eyebrows in surprise and blew out some smoke. "Harsh words."

"It's the truth." I told him. "But you should care if he doesn't return."

He frowned at me. I wanted to smile, he was easy to mess with. Maybe I couldn't find a way to get out of here, but I could make them argue with each other.

"Why?" He questioned.

"Don't tell me you trust him? I mean, we are talking about Alexander here. He isn't a man known for being trust worthy, he can betray you easily. And what will you do then, Daniel? Your plans will be ruined." I explained to him, trying not to cry out in pain. My hand came up to my ribs and I let out a deep breath.