xxxii

[Unedited]

She wasn't sad anymore she was numb, and she knew somehow numb was worse.❞

➳➳➳

[Angel's POV]

I couldn't sleep anymore. I stayed awake in the night, looking at the empty spot beside me. Harry wasn't lying next to me, he wasn't here with me and I felt like a part of me was missing. For the last four days the only thing in my mind was him. Was he okay? Where was Daniel keeping him? He was hurt. I was sure Daniel had hurt him. My dreams had turned into nightmares for once again and this time they were even worse. Death and pain were the only things I could see so I just refused to sleep.

I couldn't even bring myself to eat. I only did it for the baby growing inside me. I forced myself to eat whatever Sandra had cooked for me but I never managed to eat the whole thing. Loren and Louis came to see me frequently and tried to keep me company, to take my mind off of things but they couldn't. How could I pretend that Daniel wasn't holding Harry captive? How could I not think about all the possible ways he could have hurt him?

The police couldn't track him down and Liam seemed really desperate when he came to visit me yesterday. I could see it in his eyes that they had no clue as where to search for him and that only crashed my hopes. I was scared that Daniel would actually succeed with his plan. He would kill everyone I loved. He would take everything away from me. My love. My baby. Everything.

I sighed, rolling to the side and reached out my hand, placing it on the spot where Harry slept. I missed him. I missed him so much that it killed me inside to not have him here. Tears slipped down my cheeks as my fingers traced his pillow and I gripped it, bringing it closer to my body. It still smelled like him and I couldn't help but start sobbing into the pillow, which muffled my cries.

I heard the door creak open, but didn't bother to look who came in. I continued crying, hugging the pillow and murmuring Harry's name. I was scared. Terrified. I felt helpless, there was nothing I could do to help find him. Daniel hadn't contacted me since the day he told me he had Harry. I thought that he would call again, sent a letter, threaten me...but he did nothing and that was worse.

Was he even alive?

No, no don't think like that, Angelina.

The bed moved suddenly and I felt someone else's presence next to me. I didn't have to look at them to know who it was. Loren would always come to my bedroom and find me like this for the past four days. It was usual for me to disappear and not go downstairs. I refused to leave my room, I just stayed in bed and prayed that Harry would come home to us. I was pathetic. I knew that. But that was the only thing I could do. Hope and pray.

Loren caressed my shoulder and exhaled deeply. I wiped my tears with the back of my hand and slowly lifted myself up, so that I was sitting on the bed. I knew that I probably looked a mess, but she wasn't judging me or pointing that out. Her eyes were looking at me as if she felt sorry for me, she understood what I was going through and even though we weren't close before now I thought of her as a friend. Me and her escaped from the same place, we had some stuff in common.

"You should consider getting out of this room sometime." she told me.

I shook my head.

"I don't want to. Is Louis with you?" I asked her.

"No, he will come later. I just wanted to see how you were doing." she informed me, offering me a small smile which I forced myself to return. Loren was a really kind person. I never thought that I would see her after the time escaped from the warehouse Alexander had locked us in. She helped me then and she was helping me now again by standing by my side.