ch 5

Lila's P.O.V.

Stupid.

that's what it was.

Completely stupid.

Who in their right mind would write a letter to their human mate and put it in their locker, telling them to meet a complete stranger in the schoolfield?

I did.

And i regret it from the moment i couldn't grab it anymore.

I'm currently on the sportfield, trying to control my breathing AND my wolf who is howling with joy, finally able to be alone with our mate again.

Not forgetting to mention it is 90% her fault i had write that letter...

sometimes i think Winter is a bitch and the Moongoddess just laughs at me with a bag of popcorn in her hands, seeing my misery as a tv-show.

i hear feet on the grass and i turn around to see my mate only 2 feet away.

"hey Lila. My name is Alan." He says a bit awkwardly and sticks out his hand to shake. I shake it and from the moment i do, electricity goes trough my body. I see he felt it too because his eyes widen and he jerks his hand out of my grip and my wolf whimpers.

He looks me up and down and furrows his eyebrows. "What are you?"

I snort but bite my lip because i didn't want to lie to him and say i was human. He narrows his eyes at me and sighs. "Seems like David is right."

"What?" i ask confused and i feel my wolf backing away with her ears flat after hearing the Alphas name.

He groans loudly and trows his hands in the air.

"He told me you were a bitch but i didn't believe him at first but now i do because you are actually sort of waisting my time now."

i feel tears welling up and i have the urge to shift and run away but i stand my ground and swallow.

"Well, Alpha David is a dick." From the moment i say it, i put my hand in front of my mouth and mentally curse myself.

"Alpha David?" I hear him say and i groan. "Why do you call him Alpha David?"

"J-just forget about it, it's nothing important." i quickly say and look everywhere but him.

"I've heard someone else calling him alpha already, so now i want answers, why do you call him Alpha, why did i feel a shock go trough my body when you touched me and WHY do you let me think of the huge grey wolf i met these weekend?" His anger increased with every question he asked and was now looking at me with furious eyes.

I looked at him with shocked eyes, the only thing i can do is tell him the secret that lies in this forest -in whole the world actually- so i sigh and sit on the ground. Without me telling him, he sits down and looks at me, now with curious eyes but i could still see and feel the anger he had.

"i'll start with the shock thing between you and me..." I say unsurely. "You feel shocks because you are my mate."

"What?" Alan asks, totally confused. I bite my lip and try it different. "We have a sort of connection..." I try while moving my hands between him and me to make it easier to say.

"Mate..." I melt when he looks at me while whispering it. "Isn't that sort of Brittish for friend?"

I deadpan. Way to ruin the moment....

"Not in this context." i answer dryly and look away.

"Ohh.... But what do you mean with it then?" He asks me while looking at me with furrowed brows. I sigh and try to say it as easy as possible. "Does soulmate sounds familiar to you?" I ask and i see his eyes widen. 'finally.' my wolf says contently and i have to agree, it took him a while to get it.