ch 10

Alan's POV

I wake up by someone's loud banging on the door of the hospital room.

"Come in..." I say with a half sleeping voice.

The door opens, showing Nev in the doorway with forest colored clothes in his hands.

"These are the clothes you have to wear for the gathering. It's tradition that the Mate who is supposed to join the pack wears these." He then get's another pair of clothes from underneath, they look old and worn out with the colors grey and pastel brown. "These are for your mate, who will become Omega today." He says while looking at her slowly waking up from. My heart crushes by hearing what he said. Lila will become the Omega of Mountain Peek Pack. I sigh deeply and get out of the bed to get the clothes from Nev.

David actually decided to let her be Omega, i felt so bad for her...

I grab the clothes from the Beta and thanked him. I see him leaving the room and i begin to dress myself. When i pulled my shirt over my head i heard the bed creaking and i looked at Lila, who in her turn, looked at her clothes. I swallowed and gave her an apologetic look.

"There goes me school career..." She says sarcastically and i laugh at that. "Most people would be glad not having to go to school." I mention and give her a sly smile. She just rolls her eyes and sighs.

She looks back at me and smiles lightly. "You look good with forest colors." She tells me and i thank her.

we stay silent after that and my mate dresses herself. When she was done, i shamelessly looked her over and she wouldn't dare to look into my eyes.

Her clothes were to big for her and it overall gave her a slave look with all the dirty spots on it. I walk over to her and give her a tight hug. "You are still beautiful in my eyes Lila." I whisper to her while i was holding her face with my hands. She still didn't dare to look at me but what she did crushed me. She broke down in my arms, crying her heart out and i sigh while caressing her hair.

"It'll be alright, i'm here for you." I say together with other words that were supposed to calm her down.

After a while, i hear a knock on the door and i say a quick yes. When the door opens, Anna is in the doorway in a white dress and ying yang asesories .

"The meeting is starting, you should be there." She says with a smile to me and Lila and i nod, doing the tears away from my mate's face and kiss her forehead.

I hold her hand and i let her lead me to the big room where the meetings where. We walk in and i see at least 200 people, children, adults and elders sitting in rows, looking at us.

i swallow and my heartbeat quickens intensely. I think shit just hits the fan....

Lila pulled me further into the room to the front of where the first row was sitting. I see a clear made circle and i furrow my brows. Is this where Lila and i were going to sit? But every other person got a cushion to sit on. Then it hit me. We weren't allowed to sit on pillows because i was the new one, and Lila would become the Omega. The hard truth of acceptance.

My girlfriend sat down on her knees while i sat down cross-legged. I hear her clearing her throat silently and i looked at her.

She looked panicked and did something with her eyes. I didn't understand so i looked at her with a confused stare. she bit her lip and and looked around.

"You have to sit like me." She whispered so silently i just catched it. My eyes widen and i quickly change my position into hers. I hear her sigh like she was holding her breath.