Chapter Four

Chapter Four

The minute I stepped into my house, I collapsed on the couch and took a long nap. My entire body has been pushed to the limit ever since I qualifed for Rolex. Believe me, I am pumped to go to such an incredible event, but the process is physically draining. I wake up from my nap to the sound of my phone ringing. Groaning, I hold the phone to my ear and slowly sit up.

"Hello?" I ask into the phone grogily.

The person on the other end laughs. From the sound of their laugh I knew it was Drew. I immediately perk up. "Hey, sleepy head. I'll be over to pick you up in two hours."

I glance at the clock in the kitchen. It was already three in the afternoon. "Ok sounds good. See you then." We say our good byes and hang up.

Slowly, I walk into the kitchen and get myself a glass of cold water. On the fridge reads a sticky note saying: "Rebound Appt." I read the reminder and toss it in the trash, getting out my phone to call the Equine Massage Therapy office. For the time leading up the Rolex, Rebound is getting a weekly massage. I have to call the office to schedule his first appointment. I dial the Equine Massage Therapy number and schedule an afternoon this week for his first appointment.

Since I now got scheduling Rebound's appointment out of the way it was time to get ready for tonight. It was time for a nice shower. I walk to my large en suite bathroom and slip out of the riding clothes that I still had on from this morning. I take my hair out of its ponytail and it falls just past my shoulders, knotted and tangled. Turning on the warm water, I climb into the shower.

~

Five minutes later, I am done with my well needed shower. My hair is now tangle-free and my whole body smells like strawberry body wash. I wrap a warm, fuzzy towel around my shivering body and blow dry my hair.

Guiding myself out of the bathroom and into my huge bedroom, I search through my closet for the perfect date outfit. I don't want to dress to fancy, we were just going out to a dinner and movie, but I don't want to dress to casual. Finally, I decide on a white Lauren Conrad polka dot dress and a simple pair of black ballet flats. Shoes are always the hardest part for me on deciding an outfit, even for horseback riding. But it is always easy for me to disclude heels from my decision making. I was never quite cordinated in heels.

After I change into the clothes for tonight, I walk back into the bathroom and hang up my towel and put my dirty clothes in the hamper. I decide to put my natural wavy blond hair into a side fishtail. My hair wasn't quite agreeing with me enough to wear it down tonight.

I put some money, my license, keys, and my phone into a cross body white bag. Before putting my phone away I glance at the time. It was five, which meant that Drew should be here in about fifteen minutes. To waste some time I decide to check on the horses at the barn.

~

I walk into the familiar barn and the horses nicker at me in a greeting. I watch Matt walk out of the tack room. When he sees me he stops, jaw dropped.

"Stop staring, you'll catch flies." I joke to him. He closes his mouth and chuckles.

"Sorry. You just look... really nice. Drew is a lucky guy to have you."

I smile at him. "I know."

Awkward silence follows before Matt finally speaks again. "Well have fun on your date tonight. Are you riding tomorrow?"

"No," I answer "I am giving Rebound a day off for rest and his massage. I am just going to pull Beau and Faith in from the field and groom them. Then I have to ride one of Dee's greenies and teach a private lesson for a junior. You?"