Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

We make our way over to a food stand. It is quite crowded with a long line. With a sigh, I stand with Dee, Mark, and Matt in the long line. My stomach growls and I groan. All I want is food is that really to much to ask?

I feel a light tap on my shoulder and I turn around. Behind me is a family that I do not recognize. There is a young girl, probably around seven, holding hands with presumably her sister, probably around thirteen. Behind them is a man and woman. I guess the two adults as the girls parents. They all have big smiles on their faces, especially the littlest girl.

"Hi!" The little girl says excitedly.

I smile down at her, a little confused. "Hi!" I say back with the same amount of excitement in my voice.

The older girl clearly tells that I am confused. "Can we have your autograph?" She looks down at her feet, clearly embarassed.

Their mother smiles at me. "Hi Allison my girls have been big fans of you ever since your... um, accient several years back. They really look up to you."

My face glows after I find out what they want. Throughout my years of eventing no one has ever asked for my autograph. 

"Of course!" I say as the little girl hands me this years Rolex informational packet. "What is your name?" I ask, kneeling down to her height.

"Ava." She says proudly.

I place the packet on my knee and pick up the pen with my hand. I sign, 'Ava, your biggest fan, Allison Michels'. After I finish I hand the packet back to her. Her smile widens.

"What is your name, sweetie?" I ask the older girl, walking up to her.

"I'm Emma." She says, handing me her packet. Inside the packet I write 'Emma, wishing you many blues, Allison Michels'.

"Thanks!" They both cheer. Their parents smile at me.

"Of course! Why don't you get an autograph from that man, Mark Davidson." I say, pointing at Mark. He is staring at me, eyebrow raised. I know this face. It is the, 'what the hell do you think you are doing' Mark face. Grinning, I continue speaking, "He has competed at Rolex several times and won it back in 2004."

Ava squeals, running with book and pen in hand over to Mark. Emma follows closely behind. Emma has a new light to her face. She is clearly a lot happier than before I gave her my autograph. It is weird to think that people want my autograph.

"You are such a good person, Ali." Matt says to me as we walk forward in line. "Those girls are clearly happy. However Mark is probably pissed at you because he always says that Rolex is 'in his past'".

"Yeah well Mark is going to have to realise that he will get recognized and have to sign some autographs this weekend. That comes with the fame of being a successful equestrian." Matt and Dee both agree with me.

But to my surprise, Mark is happy to sign some autographs. Once he is done, he smiles at me, mouthing, 'thanks'. Then, he turns around and starts talking to someone behind him. The person looks oddly familiar, speaking with a British accent. 

"Hey Matt.?" I hit him in the side lightly to get his attention.

"Ouch!" He fakes hurt and rubs his side, grinning. "What?"

"Who is Mark talking to?" I gesture to the two men.

"Are you shitting me, Ali!" He looks at me as if I am an idiot.

"Why are you looking at me like I am an idiot!" I laugh.

"He is just the rider that you looked up to when you were younger!"

Then it hit me. The person Mark is talking to is William Fox-Pitt. My stomach drops. Not only do I feel like an idiot I am standing not ten feet from one of my childhood idols. I am breathing the same air as he is. I stop breathing and nearly fall over. Something that Mark says makes William let out a chuckle. William locks eye contact with me and I look away. I feel as if I am going to throw up or faint. I will probably do both. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

haha hope you guys liked this chapter :) I certainly did.