Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

"Ali! Is that you?" I turn around, not sure who just called my name. 

When I see who it is, my mouth hangs open in shock. Pure shock. I haven't seen this person in years. Last time I saw her we weren't on the best terms.

It is Jill.

"Um, hi Jill..." I fade. I can feel my cheeks heating up. I haven't talked to her since I was a teenager. A few weeks after my first show with Faith as a teenager, Jill moved barns. I guess she wanted a change in scenery. I also figured she wanted away from me. She used to be my best friend, but slowly developed a jealously over my privileges as an equestrian. Personally, I felt there was nothing to be jelous of, but clearly there was. She must have moved back to Pink Blossom recently.

She walks over to me, expensive custom brown leather Tucci's clicking as she walks. She buries me in a hug, choking me with the strong odor of floral smelling perfume. I slightly hug her back, quickly letting go. She steps back, a clear fake smile covers her lips. I try my best to smile back. 

"I thought you moved barns Jill." I say in a low voice, arms crossed.

"Yeah, but I moved back a few weeks ago. I was getting sick of the other barn." She rolls her eyes in annoyance. She has changed a lot in the past few years. She is now at least five inches taller with dyed dirty blond hair. "So I heard that you are going to Rolex in April. That's... exciting." Jill adds.

"Yeah I am super excited. Rebound is a star. What level are you competing at now, Jill?" I ask her.

"Oh, just intermediate." She snorts. Just intermediate. Wow, nice additude Jill. Intermediate is definatley a difficult eventing level. She should be proud of where she is. I raise my eyebrows at her slightly.

I wonder where Dee is. I think to myself. I am totally done with speaking to Jill. 

I hear a familiar laugh echo down the barn aisle, mixed with other high pitched giggles. Grinning to myself, I know it is Drew. My eyes follow him as he walks down the aisle, surrounded by four young junior pony clubbers.

"Hey." I give him a quick kiss on the lips. A few of the pony club kids say little snarky remarks to me and Drew. He smiles his perfect smile at me that I fell for years ago. I can feel Jill's eyes glaring through me, and I can't help but grin to myself. Clearly she didn't know that we were still together.

"So Drew. You and Ali are still.. together?" She says, voice dripping with displeasure. 

"Of course." Drew gives her a proud smile, squeezing my hand slightly. "Now guys," He faces back to the pony clubbers. "Why don't we go and take care of our ponies in the other aisle." All of the kids perk up. Before Drew leaves, he gives me a quick wink. I smile back.

~

After about another minute, Dee shows up.

"Hey. Sorry it took so long. I got a call." Dee smiles at me. She sets the tack down and hands me a black Charles Owen helmet. Dee has a lunge line draped over her shoulder. 

"It is okay Dee. Thanks." I take the helmet from her and place it on my head, buckling the strap. 

I go through all of the steps of tacking up slowly, letting Star get a good look at every item before I put it on him. He does nothing but stand calmly in the aisle, only wiggling a little when I tightened the girth. 

"Ready?" Dee asks me. 

"Ready." I say confidently back to her.

"Good. Lets go."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Hey, I actually wrote this chapter in advance :D Sorry that this chapter wasn't the best, I just wanted to add some filler facts. JILL'S BACK!!