Psychotic girlfriend~Dan

Hey guys! Katie here! I just want to say thanks for 799 aka 800 reads! Remember to go follow me on my main account, KatieAtHogwarts, and read my danisnotonfire fanfic!

Tonight scheduled the night that I had dreaded most since I heard about her. Tonight made the night that I couldn't bear to see him happy.

I stood facing the mirror and applied more blush hoping it would mask what I truly felt from the inside.

"Y/n, we're going in five. Are you ready?," asked Phil through the door.

"Yeah, just a second," I breathed out.

The door opened. "Y/n, what's wrong? Do you still want to-"

Phil stopped and he moved closer to me.

"Is this about Dan being with her?"

I turned to Phil, about to defend myself but he could always see right through me.

"It is isn't it? Well you don't need to be bothered, they're not going to be together for long-"

"Phil, shut up," I reproved. "Stop giving me false hope."

I hated arguing with Phil. In fact, I never argued with Phil. He looked sourly back at me, and simply turned around for the door. "Just come down already." Boy, did I feel even more awful.

I took a deep breath and checked myself in the mirror one more time. At least I looked nice, that was some consolation. My hair hung in loose curls passed my shoulders and my makeup was subtle but glamorous. Not that it would matter- Dan wouldn't be able to take his eyes off his new girlfriend anyways, despite the fact that none of his friends liked her. In fact, they all seem convinced that he and I are meant for each other. That seems too good to be true though.

The ride to the cinema was quiet, I was tense and Phil knew that the wrong word might send me off and make me want to turn around and just go home. Dan and Sara were already there when we arrived, and the first thing she did when she saw me was scoff. "Ugh, what is she doing here?" she said, glaring at me.

"She's our friend." Phil said defensively, glaring right back at her.

She looked to Dan, obviously wanting him to make me leave. "Phil's right, Sara. Y/n is our friend she's welcome to come along when we all hang out."

"Well I don't want her here she obviously wants to steal you from me."

That was the last straw for me. I threw my hands up in the air. "Fine. I'll be off then. I hope you guys have a fantastic time." My words dripping with sarcasm, I turned on my heel and stormed back in the direction of the nearest tube station, fighting the tears that threatened.

I only made it about a block before I felt someone grab my arm and turn me around. It was Dan, and he was it of breath from having run after me. "What are you doing?" I asked, surprised.

"I'm sorry. She's gone. I ended it and I'm sorry because I should have done it a long time ago. In fact, I should never have even dated her."

"Why?" I asked, because his dark eyes were gazing into mine in a way they never had before.

"Because I love you, y/n."