Telling them you pregnant! Preference

Dan

"Dammit," you muttered as you looked down at the plus sign, and your vision began to blur from the tears in your eyes. You had been dating Dan for two years, and while neither of you ever discussed wanting children, you didn't try preventing it from happening either. Of course, Dan wouldn't hate you for being pregnant, but you couldn't help feeling nervous about telling him. "Y/N," Dan called from the lounge and you jumped. "Yeah?" you asked quickly, setting the pregnancy test onto the bathroom counter and walking out to where Dan was. "What have you been doing? I haven't seen you at all today," he chuckled while in his 'browsing position' on the couch. "I've been...busy," you hesitated as you sat down beside him, legs tucked underneath you as you watched him. "Doing what?" he asked though not looking up from his laptop. "We need to talk," you instead answered a few minutes later as you sighed, and he looked up at you with confusion while shutting his laptop and sitting up. "Ok," he said slowly, "what's wrong, Y/N?" "How do you feel about children?" you asked nonchalantly, seemingly out of nowhere. "Um, I mean I want them someday but...what's going on?" he asked concerned. "Dan, I'm pregnant," you stated simply as you felt tears well up in your eyes once again. His jaw dropped slightly and his eyes widened as he processed what you just said. "You're what? We're going to be parents?" he asked shocked, and you nodded slowly. He pulled you into a hug while grinning from ear to ear, tears in his own eyes from happiness. "Oh god, Y/N, I love you so much," he said while hugging you tightly.