One

I stepped out the car with the widest smile on my face, one of the main reasons why I came to this college was because the dorms are gender mixed so I’d be rooming with a boy which will be something new to experience even though it was the middle of the year.

This is what had happened: My acceptance letter didn't come until Friday which was weird, but at least I know I got in even if it was Saturday, October 19.

I unlocked my trunk and got my suitcase/ bags, then locked the car door and started heading to the building with the dorms.
I got to the front desk where two people were behind it. One was a woman who was already dealing with a student, so I went to the lady that wasn't helping anyone so yet.

She looks up from her computer screen.

"Hello. How can I help you?" She asked

"I just wanted to get my key for my dorm," I said in a response to her question.

"Name?" She asked

"Victoria Moroles."

She began typing on her computer.

"Okay. Your room number 304." She said as she handed me the key.

I thanked her and headed for the elevator. Once the doors opened I walked in noticing the girl from the front desk was also in the elevator with me.

She looked at me and smiled and I smile back... Might as well try to make friends thought to myself.

"Hi. I'm Victoria." I say

"Kelsey." She says.

"What floor are you going to?" She asked

"The third one.”

"I am too." She says pushing the button, for the third floor.

"What's your dorm room?" I asked, not trying to be creepy.

"302." She said.

"I'm 304," I replied walking out of the elevator once the doors had opened and we were on the third floor.

"Do you need help settling in?" She asks grabbing on of my bags and slinging over and onto her shoulder.

"Sure."

We make small talk as we walk to my dorm room. Once in front the room I grabbed the key and unlocked the door. I walked in and looked around the dorm while examining it. It wasn't too small but definitely wasn’t that big either. The beds were opposite walls from one another, and the bathroom was down a small hall. There was two small closets, which one had already been open and stuff put into.
The bed on the left of the room was messy with clothes on the floor near it. So walked near it and set my bags on the right bed which became mine, Kelsey set the bag she was carrying on the bed as well.

I pressed my hand down on the mattress.

"Why are the mattresses so hard here?" I asked, questioning how good of sleep I would get on this rock

"You'll get used to it, over time." She said, with experience in her voice.

"Thanks for the help," I said with a smile.