Fourteen

I wake up to the smell of.......pancakes?

It was like Amber read my mind because she instantly opened her eyes.

"Do you smell that?" She asked me.

We both stand up and so a fresh stack of McDonald's pancakes sitting in the desk. I walk over and picked up a note that was next to it.

       Thanks for the pizza yesterday.
                            -Dylan

A smile creeped on my face. I look over to see Amber already eating the pancakes.

"Save some for me." I say grabbing another fork and getting some as well.

Once we finished Amber headed into the shower and I was to lazy wait so I changed into some clothes

I put in shorts and a shirt.

While I pulling my shirt on there was a knock in the door. I opened the door to see Brett.

He smiles at me.

"Hey." He say

"Oh hi. Why are you here exactly?" I asked.

"No reason. Just wanted to say hi since I was passing by." He says stuffing his hands in his pockets of his hoodie.

"Then there is a reason." I say with a small laugh at the end.

"Okay. I actually came to tell you about that party on friday."

I nod for him to continue.

"Just be ready by 9 okay." He says

I nod.

"I'll see you later okay."

"Okay."

He pecks me on the forehead and a smile instantly form on my lips.

He smiles then walks away.

I turn and shut the door right when Amber walked out the bathroom drying her hair off with a towel.

"Who was that who got your face all happy?" She ask

"No one." I say

"Fine be secretive."

She walks over to bed and once she tied the towel around her head. I sit next to her.

"I have to be back on campus tomorrow." She says

"We barely had time to actually hang out." I say

"I know. Don't worry though. Me and you winter break." She says with a smile.

"Want to watch a movie or something before you have to go."

She nods.

I grab my laptop and went on Netflix and put on a movie.

We watched about three 2 hour movies before her phone ringed. Amber picked it up.

She answer it then hanged up.

"That's my brother. He's waiting in the parking lot." She says sadly.

"You have to leave now?" I ask

She nods.

I sight and turned off my laptop. Amber walks over to her shoes and slipped it on then slinged her duffle bag over her shoulders.

I get out of bed and me and Amber walk out the dorm to the elevator and them the lobby. I didn't really care about walking barefoot to the lobby.

"I'll see you the next time I can okay." She say

I nod and bought her into a bags hug.

"Skype me when you get back." I tell he once we let go of the hug.

She nods then start headed out the lobby but not before waving.

I walk back to my dorm and opened the door to be greeted by Dylan taking off his shirt.

He turns around once I closed the door behind me.

"Where's Amber?" He asked.

"She had to go back to her college." I say

"I see you guys ate everything I bought." He say fully turning to face me.

"Yeah. Thanks by the ways."

He smiles.

That's when I unnoticed something different about him but I couldn't tell what. He catches starring.

"What?" He ask

I walk up to him but not to close and noticed he shaved his little mustache.

"You shaved?"

"Yeah. I was getting tired of the same thing." He says.

"You get tired of the same thing?" I asked

"Yeah."

"Even people?" I asked.

He nods

"What about me?" I ask

He stares at me for a while.

"Well not you. I don't think I'll ever get tired of you." He says

"And why is that?" I say with a small smile on my face.

"I don't know. There's something about  you that makes it hard to ignore but no don't know what it is."

I smile a little wider.

I felt a soft touch of his lips on mine and I kissed back with the fireworks and butterflies going off in my stomach all at once.

I start remebering what Kelsey told me about staying away from Dylan but I don't want to.

He places his hands on my waist. I pull him closer by his belt loops and he deepen the kiss from there.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
You guys wanted Layden to happen so next chapter is going to great