21. Don't Answer Your Phone, Karma Is Calling

Vanessa crawled into bed next to the birthday boy, it was 2 AM and all she could think about was sleep, Derek was out cold with his jet lag, Vanessa and Hannah worked well, the place looked spectacular, dark balloons in the dining room and the gazebo, they had white lights in the gazebo which gave it a classy look, Cheryl booked two tents without her knowing and for a cocktail hour before dinner, these tents forced Hannah and Vanessa into a decoration run since they ran out. They got to the store just before it closed but sadly for them they didn't have anymore balloons so they got blue satin material and attached it to the legs of the tents and added a bouquet of flowers. When they thought they were finished and ready to leave a drunk Cheryl stumbled down the stairs, and they had to lift her back to bed. On the ride back to the beach house, Hannah threw question after question so she decided to tell her and Catherine. Cat took it just as Derek did even though she hated what her father did to her she never believed he could do that to her mother.

***

"You need to talk to your mother" Hannah whisper as Cat spooned her,

"I know but I can't"
Catherine knew she needed to mend the relationship between her and her mother but she wasn't sure how,
"I can-"
"No I must do this on my own"
"That's my girl, now let's get some rest in a few hours we got some surprising to do"

***

Danesha almost fainted at the sight of the haggered woman in front of her, her face was spent and her body, she looked much older than she was but Danesha could see she was in a better place now, the emotions all came back like a freight train, tear flowed down her face, it had been so long but here she was standing face to face with the person she thought she hate the most.
"Mum"
"Please don't cry baby, I didn't come here for this"
Danesha's mother, Angela Knight, hadn't aged gracefully, her face sagged and her eyes were red but her smile was the same one Danesha remembered as a child, she had been in and out of rehab for years, she was 2 years sober since her last visit to rehab and had a job working in a corner store in the other town.
Danesha and her mother sat on the couch, Danesha thought deep down she hated the woman sitting across from her, but all she could feel was love for her being given off from the other woman.
"You've grown up, not my little baby anymore" Angela chuckled while Danesha sat quietly
"Why are you here?" Danesha asked, it sounded much worse out loud,
"It's been so long and I'm here to apologize, you don't need me anymore, I wasn't there for you when you needed me I didn't believe what you said about him and I'm sorry for calling you a young hussy, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, I did it to myself I just came out here to apologize and to thank the Nichols for taking care of you while I was " She paused trying to find the words but buttering it up didn't seem like the best option "when I was a the worst mother ever" she ended her speech, Danesha wasn't sure what to say,
"I-"
"Don't say anything I'll give you my number if you want to finish our conversation you can but I'll leave you if that's what you want"
Danesha took the piece of paper, her mother was clearly prepared for this meeting, Angela extended her hand to Danesha for a handshake, and Danesha shook it, she wanted to talk but not now she needed to fix all the problems she caused.

***

Cheryl woke up at 4 pm with a splitting headache, it had been years since she had a hangover, everything seemed to hurt her head more, on her bedside table were 2 pain relieving pills, a glass of water and a note 'Compliments of Nessa' was written on it.

Cheryl didn't remember much about last night,  she knew Vanessa was there and a pretty girl but she couldn't remember her name. Cheryl had been having a hard time since that night she and Benjamin had sex, "Danesha" he moaned ever so quietly but it was clear that this Danesha person had been the one he was sleeping with and she wanted to confront them both, she just had to call the number she found in his phone and meet the girl.