Norse female

ÁLFHILDR: Old Norse myth name composed of the elements alfr "elf" and hildr "battle," hence "elf battle."

ALFSIGR: Old Norse name composed of the elements alfr "elf" and sigr "victory," hence "elf victory."

ANGRBOÐA: Old Norse myth name of the giantess mother of Fenrir by Loki, composed of the elementsangr- "distress, grief, sorrow, trouble," and boda "to announce, to proclaim," hence "foreboder of trouble." She is also known as "she of Járnvid (Iron-wood)."

ARNBJORG: Old Norse name composed of the elements arn "eagle" and bjorg "protection," hence "eagle protection."

ÁSLAUG: Old Norse name composed of the elements áss "god" and laug "betrothed woman," hence "God-betrothed woman."

ÁSTRIÐR: Old Norse name composed of the elements áss "god" and friðr "beautiful," hence "divine beauty."

AUÐA: Variant spelling of Old Norse Auðr, meaning "deeply rich."

AUÐR: Old Norse name meaning "deeply rich."

BERGDIS: Old Norse name composed of the elements bjarga "to rescue" and dís "goddess, woman," hence "rescue-goddess." 

BERGLJÓT: Old Norse name composed of the elements bjarga "to rescue" and ljótr "bright, light," hence "rescue light." 

BERGÞÓRA: Feminine form of Old Norse Bergþórr, meaning "rescue-Þórr."

BORGHILDR: Old Norse name composed of the elements bjorg "help, salvation" and hildr "battle, fight," hence "helpful battle maid." In mythology, this is the name of the goddess of the evening mist who slays the sun every night. 

BÓTHILDR: Old Norse name composed of the elements bót "bettering, compensation, remedy," andhildr "battle," hence "battle of revenge."

BRYNHILDR: Old Norse legend name from the Nibelungenlied, of a queen of the Valkyries, composed of the elements brynja "armor, coat of mail" and hildr "battle, fight" hence "armored warrior woman."

BRYNJA: Old Norse name derived from the word brynja, meaning "armor, coat of mail."

DAGMAR: Old Norse name composed of the elements dagr "day" and mær "girl, maid," hence "day-maid."

DAGNÝ: Old Norse name composed of the elements dagr "day" and  "new," hence "new day."

DAGRÚN: Old Norse name composed of the elements dagr "day" and rún "secret lore," hence "day-rune."

EIR: Old Norse name derived from the word eir, meaning "help, mercy." In mythology, this is the name of a goddess of healing and medicine.

EIRA: Variant form of Old Norse Eir, meaning "help, mercy." Compare with another form of Eira.

EYDÍS: Old Norse name composed of the elements ey "island" and dis "goddess," hence "island goddess."

FREYJA: Old Norse name derived from the ancient element freyja (Old High German frouwa), meaning "lady, mistress." In mythology, this is the name of the goddess of beauty and love.

FRÍÐR: Old Norse name derived from the word fríðr, meaning "peace."

GERÐR: Old Norse name probably derived from the word garðr, meaning "enclosure, stronghold." In mythology, this is the name of a frost giantess and wife of Freyr.