Flower Names 4

FEMALE, contd.:

SANNA: Short form of Scandinavian Susanna, meaning "lily."SANNE: Dutch short form of German Susanne, meaning "lily."SAYURI (小百合): Japanese name meaning "lily."SEMADAR (סְמָדַר): Hebrew name meaning "bud" or "blossom."SETHUNYA: African Tswana name meaning "bloom, flower."SHABNAM (শবনম): Hindi name derived from a Persian word meaning "dew drops on flowers."SHANNA: Variant spelling of English Shannah, meaning "lily."SHANNAH: English name derived from Hebrew Shoshannah, meaning "lily."SHARON: Anglicized form of Hebrew Sharown, meaning "plain, level ground." In the bible, this is the name of a valley in Palestine. The name is sometimes given because of its association with the flowering shrub called Rose of Sharon. SHAROWN (שָׁרוֹן): Hebrew name meaning "plain, level ground." In the bible, this is the name of a valley in Palestine. The name is sometimes given because of its association with the flowering shrub called Rose of Sharon. SHOSHANA (שׁוֹשַׁנָּה): Feminine form of Hebrew unisex Shoshan, meaning "lily."SHOSHANAH: Variant spelling of Hebrew Shoshana, meaning "lily."SHOSHANNAH: Variant spelling of Hebrew Shoshana, meaning "lily."SHOUSHAN: Armenian feminine form of Hebrew unisex Shoshan, meaning "lily."SIHU: Native American Hopi name meaning "flower."SIRVART: Armenian name meaning "love rose."SMADAR (סְמָדַר): Variant form of Hebrew Semadar, meaning "bud" or "blossom."SOUSÁNNA (Σουσάννα): Greek name derived from Hebrew shuwshan, meaning "lily." In the bible, this is the name of a woman who ministered to Christ. SPIRIT: English unisex name derived from the vocabulary word, "spirit," from Latin spiritus, "breath," from PIE (s)peis "to blow." Both blow ("to move air") and blow ("blossom") ultimately derive from proto-Germanic *blæ, from PIE *bhle, meaning "to bloom, to blow up, swell, thrive."SUE: Short form of English Susan, meaning "lily."SUELLEN: English compound name composed of Sue "lily" and Ellen, possibly meaning "torch." SUKIE: Pet form of English Susan, meaning "lily."SUSAN: Short form of English Susannah, meaning "lily."SUSANA: Variant spelling of Latin Susanna, meaning "lily." In use by the Italians, Portuguese and Spanish.SUSANITA: Spanish pet form of Latin Susana, meaning "lily."SUSANN: Swedish form of Scandinavian Susanna, meaning "lily."SUSANNA: Latin form of Greek Sousánna, meaning "lily." In the bible, this is the name of a woman who ministered to Christ. Scandinavian form of Greek Sousánna, meaning "lily."SUSANNAH: English form of Latin Susanna, meaning "lily."SUSANNE: German form of Latin Susanna, meaning "lily."SUSE: Pet form of English Susannah, meaning "lily."Pet form of German Susanne, meaning "lily."SUSIE: Pet form of English Susannah, meaning "lily."SUZAN: Variant spelling of English Susan, meaning "lily."SUZANA (Serbian: Сузана): Brazilian Portuguese form of Latin Susanna, meaning "lily."Croatian form of Greek Sousánna, meaning "lily."Serbian form of Greek Sousánna, meaning "lily."SUZANNA: Variant spelling of English Susannah, meaning "lily."SUZANNE: French form of Latin Susanna, meaning "lily."SUZETTE: Pet form of French Suzanne, meaning "lily."SUZIE: Variant spelling of English Susie, meaning "lily."SUZY: Variant spelling of English Suzie, meaning "lily."SYUZANNA (Сюзанна): Russian form of Greek Sousánna, meaning "lily."TANSY: English name derived from the flower name, "tansy," from a contracted form of Greek Athanasia, meaning "immortal."TANZY: Variant spelling of English Tansy, meaning "tansy flower" and "immortal."TANZI: Variant spelling of English Tansy, meaning "tansy flower" and "immortal."THALEIA (Θάλεια): Greek name derived from the word thallein, meaning "blooming, flourishing." In mythology, this is the name of the muse of comedy and pastoral poetry.THALES (Θαλής): Greek name meaning "blossom."THALIA: Latin form of Greek Thaleia, meaning "blooming, flourishing." In mythology, this is the name of the muse of comedy and pastoral poetry.TIWLIP: Welsh name meaning "tulip."TSVETA: Feminine form of Bulgarian Tsvetan, meaning "flower."TSVETANKA: Pet form of Bulgarian Tsveta, meaning "flower."UME (梅): Japanese name meaning "plum blossom."UMEKO (梅子): Japanese name meaning "plum blossom child."VANAMO: Finnish name meaning "twin-flower."VARDA (וַרְדָּה): Hebrew name meaning "rose."VARDAH: Variant spelling of Hebrew Varda, meaning "rose."VARTANOUSH: Armenian name meaning "rose-sweet."VARTENI: Armenian name meaning "rose tree."VARTITER: Armenian name meaning "rose-butterfly."VARTOUHI: Armenian name meaning "rose lady."VI: Short form of English Violet, meaning "violet color" and "violet flower." VIOLA: Latin name meaning "violet color" or "violet flower."VIOLCA: Probably a Romani form of Latin Viola, meaning "violet color" or "violet flower."VIOLET: English name derived from the vocabulary word, from Latin viola, meaning "violet color" or "violet flower." VIOLETA (Bulgarian: Виолета): Bulgarian and Romanian form of Latin Viola, meaning "violet color" or "violet flower."Spanish diminutive form of Latin Viola, meaning "violet color" or "violet flower."VIOLETTA: Italian diminutive form of Latin Viola, meaning "violet color" or "violet flower."VIOLETTE: French diminutive form of Latin Viola, meaning "violet color" or "violet flower."VIOLLCA: Variant spelling of Romani Violca, probably meaning "violet color" or "violet flower."VIRÁG: Hungarian name meaning "flower."VUOKKO: Finnish name meaning "anemone flower."WIOLA: Pet form of Polish Wioletta, meaning "violet color" or "violet flower."WIOLETTA: Polish form of Latin Viola, meaning "violet color" or "violet flower."XARA: English name of uncertain origin, possibly a form of Arabic Zara, meaning "blooming flower."XIAO-HUI (1-晓徽, 2-晓蕙): Chinese name meaning 1) "morning beauty" or "morning orchid."XIULAN (秀兰): Chinese name meaning "beautiful/elegant orchid."XIUYING (秀英): Chinese name meaning "beautiful/elegant flower" or "surpassing beauty."

XOCHICOTZIN: Nahuatl name meaning "little necklace of flowers."

XOCHIQUETZAL: Nahuatl myth name of the twin sister of Xochipilli, meaning "flower feather." 

XOCHITL: Nahuatl name meaning "flower." 

XOCHIYOTL: Nahuatl name meaning "heart of a gentle flower."

YAMKA: Native American Hopi name meaning "blossom."YASAMIN (يسمن): Persian form of Arabic Yasmin, meaning "jasmine flower," a plant in the olive family.YASAMINE: Variant spelling of Arabic Yasmin, meaning "jasmine flower," a plant in the olive family.YASMEEN (Urdu: یاسمین): Pakistani form of Arabic Yasmin, meaning "jasmine flower," a plant in the olive family.YASMIN: Arabic name meaning "jasmine flower," a plant in the olive family.YASMINA: French form of Arabic Yasmin, meaning "jasmine flower," a plant in the olive family.YASMINE: Variant spelling of French Yasmina, meaning "jasmine flower," a plant in the olive family.YAZMIN: Spanish form of Arabic Yasmin, meaning "jasmine flower," a plant in the olive family.YOLANDA: English form of French Yolande, meaning "violet flower."YOLANDE: Old French form of Greek Iolanthe, meaning "violet flower."YOLONDA: Variant spelling of English Yolanda, meaning "violet flower."YOLOXOCHITL: Nahuatl name meaning "flower of the heart."YONCA: Turkish name meaning "clover."ZAHIRA (ظهيرة): Feminine form of Arabic Zahir, meaning "shining; blossoming." ZAHRA: Egyptian name meaning "flower."Variant spelling of Arabic Zahrah, meaning "blooming flower."ZAHRAH (زهرة): Arabic name meaning "blooming flower." ZAINAB (زينب): Variant spelling of Arabic Zaynab, derived from the name of a "flowering plant."ZAIRA: Perhaps a variant spelling of Arabic Zahrah, meaning "blooming flower."ZARA (زهرة): Variant spelling of Arabic Zahrah, meaning "blooming flower." Compare with another form of Zara.ZAYNAB (زينب): Arabic name derived from the name of a "flowering plant."ZHILAN (蘭植): Chinese name meaning "orchid plant."ZINNIA: English name derived from the flower name, "zinnia."ZSA ZSA: Variant spelling of Hungarian Zsazsa, meaning "lily." ZSAZSA: Pet form of Hungarian Zsuzsanna, meaning "lily."ZSUZSA: Pet form of Hungarian Zsuzsanna, meaning "lily."ZSUZSANNA: Hungarian form of Greek Sous�nna, meaning "lily."ZSUZSI: Pet form of Hungarian Zsuzsanna, meaning "lily."ZUZANA: Czech and Slovak form of Greek Sous�nna, meaning "lily."ZUZANNA: Latvian and Polish form of Greek Sous�nna, meaning "lily."