dragon names

UNISEX:

XIUHCOATL: Nahuatl unisex name meaning "fire serpent" or "weapon of destruction."

MALE:

APALALA: Hindi myth name of a water dragon. Meaning unknown.

APEP: Egyptian name, possibly connected to the root pp, meaning "to slither." In mythology, Apep is the personification of evil, seen as a giant snake, serpent or dragon. Known as the Serpent of the Nile or Evil Lizard, he was an enemy of the sun god. 

APOPHIS (Άποφις): Greek form of Egyptian Apep, possibly meaning "to slither." In mythology, Apep is the personification of evil, seen as a giant snake, serpent or dragon. Known as the Serpent of the Nile or Evil Lizard, he was an enemy of the sun god. 

ASKOOK: Native American Algonquin name meaning "snake."

ASTAROT: In demonology, this is the name of a Prince of Hell, meaning "leading one" or "the chief." He is depicted in the Dictionnaire Infernal as a nude man with dragon-like wings, hands and feet, a second pair of feathered wings, and a crown. He is holding a serpent in one hand while riding a wolf-like beast. Compare with feminine Astaroth.

ATTOR: Old English word meaning "gall; poison; venom." Variant: Ator.

CHUA: Native American Hopi name meaning "snake."

COATL: Nahuatl name meaning "snake."

DRACO: Latin form of Greek Drakon, meaning "dragon." Draco was the name of a 7th century scribe of Athens, Greece. It is also the name of a constellation. In Greek mythology, there are many dragons mentioned. For example, Drakon Ismenios was a gigantic serpent which guarded the sacred spring of Ismenos near Thebes; the Drakon Kholkikos was the guardian of the golden fleece; Drakon Maionios was a huge Dragon that ravaged the land of Lydia. 

DRACUL: Romanian name meaning "devil" or "dragon."

DRAGO: Italian form of Latin Draco, meaning "dragon." Compare with another form of Drago.DRAKE: English surname transferred to forename use, having several possible origins: 1) from the byname Draca, meaning "snake" or "dragon." 2) from Middle English drake, meaning "male duck." 3) from Old Norse Draki, meaning "snake" or "monster." DRAKON (Δράκων): Greek name meaning "dragon." In Greek mythology, there are many dragons mentioned. For example, Drakon Ismenios was a gigantic serpent which guarded the sacred spring of Ismenos near Thebes; the Drakon Kholkikos was the guardian of the golden fleece; Drakon Maionios was a huge Dragon that ravaged the land of Lydia.

EHECATL: Nahuatl name meaning "wind serpent."

FÁFNIR: Old Norse myth name of a dwarf who transformed into a dragon, the symbol of greed. Also called Fraener.

FRAENER: Old Norse myth name of a dwarf who transformed into a dragon, the symbol of greed. Also called Fáfnir.

GLAURUNG: In Tolkien's Middle-Earth, this is the name of the wingless, fire-breathing, trickster dragon known as "The Deceiver" and "Father of Dragons." He was slain by Túrin.

HERENSUGE: In the Basque language, this is the word for "dragon."

IORMUNGAND: Variant form of Old Norse Jörmungandr, possibly meaning "giant pole."

JORMUNGAND: Norwegian form of Old Norse Jörmungandr, possibly meaning "giant pole." In mythology, this is the name of the Midgard Serpent--also called the World Serpent--that encircles the earth beneath the ocean.