Female Russian Names

ADELA�DA (Аделаи́да): Russian form of Old High German Adalhaid, meaning "noble sort."

AFANASIIA (Афана́сия): Feminine form of Russian Afanasii, meaning "immortal." 

AGAFIA (Ага́фья): Russian form of Latin Agatha, meaning "good."

AGAFIIA: Variant spelling of Russian Agafia, meaning "good."

AGAFYA (Агафя): Variant spelling of Russian Agafia, meaning "good."

AGLAII (Аглаий): Russian form of Greek Aglaia, the myth name of one of the three Graces, meaning "beauty, splendor."

AGLAYA: Variant spelling of Russian Aglaii, meaning "beauty, splendor."

AGNESSA (Агне́сса): Russian form of Greek Hagne, meaning "chaste; holy."

AGNESSE: Variant spelling of Russian Agnessa, meaning "chaste; holy."

AGRAFENA (Аграфена): Variant spelling of Russian Agripena, meaning "wild horse."

AGRAFINA (Аграфина): Variant spelling of Russian Agripina, meaning "wild horse."

AGRIPENA: Variant spelling of Russian Agripina, meaning "wild horse."

AGRIPINA (Агрипина): Feminine form of Russian Agripin, meaning "wild horse."

AGRIPPA (Агриппа): Contracted form of Russian Agripina, meaning "wild horse." Compare with masculine Agrippa.

AGRIPPINA (Агриппина): Variant spelling of Russian Agripina, meaning "wild horse." 

AGRIPPINE: French form of Russian Agrippina, meaning "wild horse."

AKILINA (Акили́на): Russian form of Roman Latin Aquilina, meaning "eagle."

AKSINYA (Акси́ния): Variant spelling of Russian Ksenija, meaning "stranger, foreigner," but sometimes rendered "hospitable (esp. to foreigners)."

AKULINA (Акули́на): Variant spelling of Russian Akilina, meaning "eagle."

ALEKSANDRA (Алекса́ндра): Feminine form of Russian Aleksandr, meaning "defender of mankind."

ALEKSANDRINA (Александрина): Pet form of Russian Aleksandra, meaning "defender of mankind."

ALENA: Russian form of Greek Helénē, possibly meaning "torch." Compare with another form of Alena.

ALISA (Али́са): Russian equivalent of English Alice, meaning "noble sort." Compare with other forms of Alisa.

ALMA (Альма): Russian name derived from the name of the River Alma. Compare with other forms of Alma.

ALYONA (Алёна): Variant spelling of Russian Yelena, possibly meaning "torch." This is a popular Russian name often used in fairy tales.

ANASTASIYA (Анаста́си́я): Russian and Ukrainian form of Greek Anastasia, meaning "resurrection."

ANASTASSIA: Variant spelling of Russian/Ukrainian Anastasiya, meaning "resurrection."

ANFISA (Анфи́са): Russian form of Greek Anthousa, meaning "flower."

ANIA: Variant spelling of Russian Anya, meaning "favor; grace." Compare with another form of Ania.

ANJA (Аня): Variant spelling of Russian Anya, meaning "favor; grace."